PDA

View Full Version : is my tank ready for some life?

axe_man16
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
i have had my 20g saltwater tank up for going on 2 weeks. i have both live rock (jakarta + marshal) and live sand. i have been checking the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levals and there seems to 0 for all three. i dont want to jump the gun but waS just wandering how much longer would i need to wait (not in any hurry). i also slipped in a few food pellets to push the cycling process ahead.
im just waiting for the delivery of my 130watt 50/50 lighting

what should i start out with? maybe a damsel, or some type of low lighting coral?

michika
04-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Start with your clean-up crew. Since it will be the first creature in your tank maybe start with a hermit crab or a few snails and then go from there.

axe_man16
04-08-2007, 11:43 PM
thank you for the fast response. i will give that a go. i will keep watching the chemical levals with them in and after a couple of weeks if everything is still fine i will maybe put in some polyps.

thanks again

Midknight
04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Where are you located? Might have some bit for you to toss in if you are close.

axe_man16
04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
thanks for the offer midknight but i live 40 mins south of edmonton, go canucks (if ur a hockey fan) my oilers are probly on the 10th hole on the golf course by now lol

michika
04-09-2007, 02:27 AM
You could also try adding a shrimp from the grocery store to speed up your cycle if you still aren't sure about it.

Is the rock you have cured already, or was it from an established tank?

nano-sean
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks for the offer midknight but i live 40 mins south of edmonton, go canucks (if ur a hockey fan) my oilers are probly on the 10th hole on the golf course by now lol

We know them as the Coilers!! ;) Just teasing!! :razz: