PDA

View Full Version : Big Al has large stock!

titus
08-17-2001, 10:48 PM
Hello,

Okay guys. I haven't been to any LFS lately. Heck, I haven't even step out of my house (other than going for a run) for about an entire month. Tonight I just went into Big Al at Richmond.

To my surprise, all of their marine tanks are completely stocked with colorful corals. Wow.

Titus

reefburnaby
08-18-2001, 12:00 AM
I was suprised too....and the prices weren't too too too outragous. I even picked up a large devil's hand for $25 (not bad).

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

titus
08-18-2001, 12:19 PM
Hello,

And did I forgot, they have renovated their marine section. They made a new display and such for it. I think Big Al is going for the marine market for real this time.

Titus

reefburnaby
08-18-2001, 06:50 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know what Seacare's shipping statement for BC means when they say "Please note that in the Vancouver area our products are available through Aquarium Services. " ? Is that Aquarium Services as in Big Al's Aquarium Services ?

SuperFudge
08-18-2001, 10:09 PM
Reef Burnaby,

I believe Seacare and Big Als have each agreed upon exclusivity within each of their boundaries.

.....But i live right on the boundary,honestly i do... images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Marc.

titus
08-22-2001, 11:39 PM
Hello reefburnaby,

Yes you are right. I just talked to Ryan at Big Als Richmond. They get their corals from Seacare.

Titus

reefburnaby
08-23-2001, 12:22 AM
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know, Tim from Seacare said that we can order direct from their website. They can ship it via Greyhound or to the nearest Big Al's.

canadawest
08-23-2001, 10:57 AM
Does that mean we cant order direct from Seacare? I mean we are local, why couldn't we just pick-up and save the shipping costs?

Isn't that what having good LFS is all about?

smokinreefer
08-23-2001, 01:58 PM
hey marc, dale and anyone else in the chilli/abby area...

maybe you guys can arrange something with tim @ seacare so that we can go there and buy stuff in person, when we head out that way for club meetings and stuff

i mean it sure would give him some good business, and allow us to see his facilities and meet him at the same time

just an idea

Dale D
08-23-2001, 11:20 PM
Sorry Smokin' I like my job too much. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Maybe I missed something here?

Most of the Livestock prices listed on their site seem to be higher than those listed on J&L's site and what I have seen in the other local outlets, Perky's, Big Al's, Animal House.

And since they are a MO company and not a retail outlet you have to pay shipping as well.

I'm not trying to up set anyone,or put any business down, but, I just get tired of people always complaining about how the LFS is more expensive than the MO companies. Maybe it's not always so.

JMHO Dale images/smiles/icon_smile.gif