PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pink Birdsnest (Frag) - trade or buy

wayner
12-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Anyone have a Pink Birdsnest - I'm looking for a Frag, decent size frag, I can trade or purchase, as a matter of fact I'll take anything pink, I need some pink.

zulu_principle
12-02-2002, 12:34 AM
Have one in vancouver, would ship, but not sure if the cost would make sense.

Wendell

wayner
12-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks Wendell:

I'll try to get one locally first, to pay shippping for one frag doesn't really make sense., but if I get desperate, you never know.

Delphinus
12-02-2002, 09:58 PM
For locally, Wai's is probably about your best bet to find something pink since he brings in pink birdnests and other corals every so often. But of course you're looking at a whole colony not a frag. You could also try Ocean's Aquarium just to the north of Wais maybe...

wayner
12-03-2002, 01:55 AM
Tony:

Wai's had a very small colony a week ago, he wanted a $100 bucks, I just didn't think it was worth it, it wasn't a stunning pink, actually the base of the colony was white along with the lower branches, I don't know if this is normal for a birdsnest or not, but I didn't want to take any chances, once bitten twice shy.

Delphinus
12-03-2002, 05:54 AM
Nah, for $100 you can get a stunning pink. Yeah lately the selection hasn't been spectacular but I sugeted it because it is every now and again when there is a worthwhile pink (only due to Murphy's Law, it will only be at a time when you're not interested or able to pick it up..)