PDA

View Full Version : any intrest in Spectral aluminum?

StirCrazy
11-30-2002, 04:02 PM
well I am building a new lighting arangment to acomadate my two MH bulbs and I am looking at bringing another sheet of Spectral aluminum to the Island. the thing is once again I don't need a whole sheet. a few people have already expressed a intrest in some so I figured I would throw it up here and see if I can make it happen again..

so last time it cost 6.50/sq^ft (including tax) so I would guess it will be close tothe same.. once I get some replys on the intrest I will sorce it and get a exact price.

I myself need a 3X4 chunk, so that leaves a 5X4 chunk to be devided up acordingly. let me know who wants it and how big a chunk you want.

Steve

Aquattro
12-05-2002, 05:23 AM
yup, I need some. you know how much :D

zulu_principle
12-05-2002, 05:35 AM
I'd be interested in 3 1x4 pieces if I could use this as a free standing reflector.

J&L has some reflectors that will expand that I was thinking about using over grow out tanks.

Thoughts.

Wendell

Aquattro
12-05-2002, 05:37 AM
Wendell, we get 4x8 sheets and cut to size. One of the guys over here has access to a brake for bending.

zulu_principle
12-05-2002, 05:41 AM
Steve

I'm in.

Wendell

StirCrazy
12-05-2002, 05:54 AM
I'd be interested in 3 1x4 pieces if I could use this as a free standing reflector.

J&L has some reflectors that will expand that I was thinking about using over grow out tanks.

Thoughts.

Wendell

Wendell, you want 3 chunks that are 1 foot x 4 foot? (just clarafying this hehe) what shape are you thinking of making them?

Brad, yours was just for VHO tubes like mine right? ok so how many two doubles tube reflectors or 4 single tube? and how far apart are you going to make the tubes if you go double? (I need to know this to figure out how much material each one will take)

Steve

zulu_principle
12-05-2002, 06:00 AM
Steve

Basically I want a reflection from the behind my vhos, length is 4 feet, but will need about 2 to 3 inches on each side to bend, after the 8 to 12 inch width.

Brad says you have the equipment to bend, correct ?

Thanks

Wendell

Aquattro
12-05-2002, 06:14 AM

Wendell

Nope, one of the other guys over here, Bruce, has access to a brake.

zulu_principle
12-05-2002, 06:15 AM
give me some literary liscense.

Are there more then two of you on that island......

Aquattro
12-05-2002, 06:26 AM
3, maybe 4. And I'm not altogether conviced yet that it really is an island. :P

Oh, and license granted :D

StirCrazy
12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Steve

Basically I want a reflection from the behind my vhos, length is 4 feet, but will need about 2 to 3 inches on each side to bend, after the 8 to 12 inch width.

Thanks

Wendell

ya it is bruce with the brake but last time I did do the bending for my stuff.
Are your bulbs mounted close togeather, or are they evernly spaced? I use a single bulb reflector that works realy good but it would take up a little more room then say one that holds 2 bulbs.

Steve

StirCrazy
12-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Ok, I got the call in for pricing and availbility hoping to hear back in the next 1/2 hour.. tomorrow at the latest. so lets here who all is interested..

i almost have a full sheet sold and I can order a second sheet if the intrest is high enuf.

Steve

StirCrazy
12-13-2002, 04:19 AM
ok, I got some answers today the sheets come in a 4'X10' so there is 4X4 left. the cost will work out to $7.50/sq^ft including tax.

Steve

rossb
12-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Steve can you tell me a bit about spectal aluminum? I have created light hood number 1 and I can see the need for light hood number 2.

StirCrazy
12-15-2002, 11:40 PM
well it is aluminum (about 0.020" thick, which is then coated with a harder, and no reactive material like nickel. the reason for this is aluminum being soft will start to tarnish as soon as you are done polishing it. whare as the nickel (being harder non reactive and much smaller grain size) can be highly polished to a brilian finnish and will not tarnish. the reflectivity of spectral aluminum is actualy a little higher than a mirror.

this is the same material spider lights and other reflectors are made out of.

Steve

ruck'n'reefer
12-21-2002, 01:53 AM
I am interested in: enough for 2 250 MH, and 2 4' flourescent fixtures.
Sorry I'm late i am in Calgary.

StirCrazy
12-21-2002, 02:00 AM
ruck'n'reefer

It might be cheeper for you to sorce it out in Calgary.. it is fairly thin and it is awkward to ship due to the ease of which it can be dammaged.. I don't think it would be cost effective the way I would have to crate it to make sure it stays ok..

but due to the lack of intrest localy.. I am not sure if I am going to be getting it soon.. I think I will have to wait till I can get more intrest in it as I can't aford to eat 1/2 a sheet like I did last time.. (you know christmas and all) maby after the "broke season" people would be more into it..

anyways, if people who are local still want to be on a waiting list e-mail me and let me know.. when I can get a sheet reserved I will e-mail you all and arange everything..

Steve

clintyiu
01-01-2003, 12:57 AM
Hi Steve,

Is there any left? I would like one 11"x17" sheet (so they can fit in an oversized envelope).

Please let me know.

Thanks

Clint