PDA

View Full Version : food for bicolor blenny?

sobe
04-03-2007, 07:10 AM
anyone that have these little guys what do you feed them? I've read they are herbivores but will eat any thing. I got mine about 4 days ago. First day on the tank I didnt see him for quite a while, hid inside a hollow rock the whole time. Now he's starting to come out and explore.

When I feed my clown mysis my blenny eats the shrimp too also I feed my clown Formula One pellets, should I get Formula Two so he can get his veggies? How about nori sheets? I havent seen him graze on algea yet. Just need suggestions on his diet. Thanks

andsoitgoes
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Mine picks at just about everything in the tank, from the algae to the mysis I feed him to the NLS pellets that he adores. They're pretty good eaters, but they do benefit from algae supplements, so things like spirulina enriched brine shrimp would be a good idea.

Congrats on getting a great fish, they're one of my favorite aquarium fish of all time!

andestang
04-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Just about anything goes with these guys. Must say one of my favorite fish, very entertaining.

sobe
04-05-2007, 02:54 AM
He's coming out of his hole more often now and exploring, really cool fish. Showing more coloration on his tail now too. I just wish that the perculas they sell on lfs are a little more larger than 1" they seem too small I have to drop one piece of food at a time near him so he can see it.