PDA

View Full Version : How do u move ricordia?

seashells
04-03-2007, 01:12 AM
I have some pink/purple & blue purple but they are all crowded together. They have been dividing, but how do I get them off the rock????

Skimmerking
04-03-2007, 02:24 AM
What I do is take the coral out of the tnak and us e a razor blade and cut them off from the bottom. works great they will spit out some white stuff. but that is normal after you cut them...

GrimReefer
04-03-2007, 02:31 AM
you can cut them off the rock. but unless you remove all of the tissue, a new one will grow.

Skimmerking
04-03-2007, 02:35 AM
ya thanks Grim for fixing that i forgot to mention that ...

Murminator
04-03-2007, 03:34 AM
I put my index finger under one side my middle finger under the other side my squeeze the neck between your 2 fingers thumb over the mouth and rip it off another one will grow up from where it was :mrgreen:

X-Treme
04-03-2007, 04:14 AM
I put my index finger under one side my middle finger under the other side my squeeze the neck between your 2 fingers thumb over the mouth and rip it off another one will grow up from where it was :mrgreen:

Exactly WHAT FRIGGIN language are you speakin here Murray?????

jslaney
04-03-2007, 04:28 AM
Thats really funny.

BCOrchidGuy
04-03-2007, 05:39 AM
You can use hemostats and grab the um trunk/foot thing and gently roll it to one side. You should be able to remove the whole thing if you don't want them to grow back on the rock. IF you do want them to grow back then you can just cut them off under the cap as was said, let the cap settle on some coarse gravel for a few days then you can pick it up again and glue the new foot onto a bit of rubble, it's a good way to get more. If you do want to grow even more, once they are growing back nicely, you can cut them in half with a razor blade where they are, they will divide and reform in a few weeks.

Doug

Murminator
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Exactly WHAT FRIGGIN language are you speakin here Murray?????

I only speak 2 languages English and Foul and since I didn't see any $%&#@ must be English :razz:

CLINT
04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
if you sell them LMK.always looking for rics.Clint

Midknight
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I would also be happy to help get rid of the extras you don't want. :wink:

Scavenger
04-03-2007, 09:06 PM
How do you move a ricordia

Have you tried reading it poetry????

seashells
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Poetry sounds a little gentler than "sticking your thumb in their mouth & ripping them off....ouch hehehehehehe

Scavenger
04-03-2007, 10:32 PM
If you want to try an experiment, perhaps put them in more flow than they like and see if they de attach to move. Just catch them before they settle. I know mushrooms in my tank have done so before.

Or, fan them to close them up and place smaller rocks around between them and see if they move onto them.

I haven't tried to move a ricordia, but there's a chance it may work as it does for shrooms. Don't really know for sure.