PDA

View Full Version : 33rd - kingsway

WuHT
04-02-2007, 01:08 AM
anyone visit the new fish/VcD (yes its a weird combo) store on kingsway and 33rd recently ?? Just curious to see if there are any other "newer" stores popping up in the lower mainland area.

krisalexander
04-02-2007, 02:05 AM
on the note of new stores, I did see a new store in langley, on highway 10 (langley by-pass) near 182nd. It is called fishworld, owned by the same guys that own the one in surrey, the son runs the one in surrey the dad runs the one in langley from my understanding..

Kris

andsoitgoes
04-02-2007, 02:10 AM
on the note of new stores, I did see a new store in langley, on highway 10 (langley by-pass) near 182nd. It is called fishworld, owned by the same guys that own the one in surrey, the son runs the one in surrey the dad runs the one in langley from my understanding..

Kris

that one replaced Kevin's Aquatics, I wasn't too terribly impressed with the Fishworld stores, maybe someone could share some other experiences there?

krisalexander
04-02-2007, 02:29 AM
I have not had the greatest experiences with them, this one has some very nice freshwater fish, ciclids and so forth, it is a new store so not a lot of saltwater stock. for a beginner it is a great store to go to. Instead of me going to petcetera 17.99$ for a damsel. Yup and I bought two of them to cycle my tank, 89.99 Fireshrimp. Haha that was about a year ago. But still worth a look at fishworld and a good place if you live in langley and dont want to drive a long way to get somewhere for a basic thing, food snals, etc..

Definatley recommend stopping by reef addictions in aldergrove, best store around IMO. Great selection, Paul is a great guy, I just purchased an unbelievable Majestic Angel from him! Stop by when you can

Kris

Johnny Reefer
04-02-2007, 02:53 AM
What's VcD?

Thanx much,

Diana
04-02-2007, 04:06 AM
What's VcD?

STD?

*razz* :P

justinl
04-02-2007, 04:44 AM
lol, classy diana.

vcd is "video compact disc" It's basically a low quality DVD. About the same quality as a VHS tape (woot). VCDs are popular because a lot of them are pirated versions. free loading bas****s. :biggrin: now back to the fish store topic!

WuHT
04-02-2007, 11:54 PM
lol wow how did it end up like this ? I missed one capitalized letter....

well there is a rarity of Saltwater shops in "vancouver", and um, if anyone is interested in a grey angel changing from juv-adult then check there!

btw : 17.99 for a damsel ? Thats high way robbery! Somebody call the law!

Veng68
04-03-2007, 04:34 AM
what is the place called and do you have an address.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

WuHT
04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
aw man cna't recall the english name (chinese owners)..

something along the lines of "Fish and movies"

its on kingsway / 33rd very close to slocan. Check it out if you live close

dirtyreefer
04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
LOL, "Fish 'N Movies"! Now there's a business concept! :p

How about "Corals and Waffles"? :D