PDA

View Full Version : puffer

Salmon King
03-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Just wondering if you can keep a mapp and golden puffer together in a 255 gal. tank.

bubblepuffer
03-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think there is a problem. Those Dog face puffer very nice to each other.. same as Porcuppine. If you got Green Spot..those little nasty to other fish or puffer.

Check out " thepufferforum.com" ppl setup all species puffer tank and no problem it. I have a white dog face and a procupine together. Planning to get more puffer into the Puffer reef tank. Most ppl don't recommeded puffer with Reef and so far it's over 2years and have no problem with it.

It's fun to see Cleaner shrimp riding on the Porcupine or cleaning the mouth out

Salmon King
03-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I put a 5 inch mappa puffer in my 33 gal. reef .Im putting it in my 255 soon as I can.I just watched it take a chunk out of my toadstool.He/s eating everything in there.I had a golden angel for 6 years and found him with a big chunk out of him.I suspect the mappa.Thanks for your advice on keeping 2 puffers together

bulletsworld
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I really think it depends on many factors with each puffer. Mainly their personality and size.

I have had a couple of porcupine puffers that did fine in my reef tank, didn't touch anything. Left the cleaner & pep shrimps alone, even the crabs were safe. I find they are all fine until the puffer gets bigger, then he changes. I tried a dogface puffer in a reef once... :lol: ya he took a sample of everything he could before I got him out. :lol:

With adding two puffers together.. its another stab and miss. Each fish I find is different. My porcupine HATES my star & stripe puffer.. but maybe its just cause my porkie is bigger then him. So ya never know till you try it. As long as you have the room to seperate if you need be, your good to go.

Best of luck. The Mappa may be a teenie aggressive but what a beautiful fish it is. :mrgreen:

Lee

bubblepuffer
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I think most of the time porcupine and dog face is more like neutral .. I know that green spot little aggreasive cause it chomp on my finger when I clean his tank