PDA

View Full Version : WTT- Fragging Proposition -Vancouver Area

Hightower
03-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a large candycane, and a hammer that could be fragged, However I have no experience in that what soever. If you are interested fragging both in exchange for a trading a couple others I would like to see it.

G1GY
03-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Those ones are easy to frag.

Just trim the skeleton with a tin snip or gardening shears. If you don't cut the flesh, no problem. :)

muck
03-30-2007, 05:30 PM
A small hacksaw blade (just the blade) can be very handy as well.

or

If you like playing with powertools.... use a dremel. :mrgreen:

andsoitgoes
03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
A small hacksaw blade (just the blade) can be very handy as well.

or

If you like playing with powertools.... use a dremel. :mrgreen:

Dremels are GREAT. I haven't used them on corals yet, but I've SEEN them used in pictures, so simple and easy.

And heck, you can pick up a CDN Tire generic brand for next to nothing!

So - how do you "frag" them to create more heads? From what I understood, you split them right down the middle, non?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Hightower,

If you want, let me know when works for you & I can come over & just show you since you're just down the street. However, like the others have said, it's really easy with these branching varieties of corals.

Anthony 604-677-7254

Midknight
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Would like to watch this as well so let me know the time. :wink:

demon666
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
all i did with my frogger was grab the 2 stalks and pull walla 2 seperate frags:biggrin: very easy

Hightower
04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Oops forgot to check the thread.

Im sure its easy, even sounds and looks easy, but you know how it is the very first time, you dont want to mess things up on a perfectly healthy coral now.

Anthony, Thanks for your offer, and since you are close, makes sense.

After its fragged, anyone want a candycane?

Actually looking for a torch frag.