PDA

View Full Version : question about Lemon Peel angel fish

andresont
03-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Hey guys, did anyone kept lemon peel angel in reef tank for a long time say at least a year?
If yes then did it keep the color? This nice purple/blue hue around the eyes and gills. Will this stay or this fish will turn completely yellow?
My LFS people say that it will loose color gradually. My wife likes the fish so I am willing to try it.
Thx
Picture link.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=243447#post243447

supersmile
03-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I had one and mine just died 2 days ago. The blue around his eyes stayed. He didn't change color at all. I really liked this fish. I think they are pretty cute. I was devastated when mine died. I think I am going to get another one though! I didn't find mine picked on my corals so I think it just depends on the fish!

Skimmerking
03-30-2007, 02:49 PM
A guy on here a long time ago had one in his 33 gallon BOB I. he loved his a ver y nice fish...

michika
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I had one for 2 years, first in a 29, then 46, and finally a 77. Lots of personality, never nipped at any of my clams or corals. Didn't have the temper either that many people seem to think they have. Got along great with other tank mates! If anything my fish brightened up a bit after I first aquired it!

EmilyB
03-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I kept a harem of lemonpeels for a couple years. The dominant male really showed color, whereas the females did not. So maybe they have to keep feeling fiesty !