PDA

View Full Version : Caulerpa and kelp/sargassum to anyone who wants some

Delphinus
11-28-2002, 07:48 PM
I can't put it off any longer, the caulerpa and the sargassum's got to go. If I had a refugium this is where the stuff would belong, but I don't have a refugium, so it will be homeless after the cleanup.

So anyone who wants some ... please let me know and I'll make sure to keep some aside for you. The rest is going to the porcelain "reef in the sky ... er, bathroom" I'll keep it in buckets until you can pick it up (the sooner the better, of course, but at least that will buy us some time). I will already be settting some aside for Kim so it's no big deal if anyone else wants some.

I intend to remove all that I can get my hands on. I have been putting this off because it will entail (sp?) removing most of my sand bed :cry: but I can't see any of my corals through it all so it's got to go.

eposer
11-28-2002, 08:10 PM
I'd love some more. The last bit I got from you is growing nicely in my sump but I'd like some more to give the lagoon half of my tank a jump start. Let me know, I'll take as much as you want to give and can pick it up as soon as this evening. I'll pm you my number in case you don't have it still.

BTW: Those sps frags are doing really well and have shown decent growth already. :D

Evan

Bob I
11-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Entail is correct 8) 8) 8) . And yes I want some of both. Tomorrow after 1900 hrs OK?

Delphinus
11-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Bob - Unfortunately I am spoken for tomorrow evening and Saturday evening. Saturday during the day sometime perhaps?

Evan - I think I do still have your #. Not sure what time I'll be done but if you can come by sometime tonight that works OK. Glad to hear the frags are growing!

rossb
11-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Tony I alsp would be interested in some kelp ( I have some calurpa) I can also keep it for you in case you ever get refugium.
I can pick it up at Bob (thinking this would be OK Bob??)

If your up this way would it be possible to borrow your hole saw? I could return it when "the shipment" arrives.

Bob I
11-28-2002, 10:44 PM
That sounds better. If Ross could pick up my share, I would pick it up from him whenever. :D :D

Delphinus
11-29-2002, 02:18 AM
I haven't even begun to start the pruning. :( I ended up recruiting Canadian_Man to help me beat the reactor into shape (thanks, Jon!) and now it's 8:00pm and my wife is telling me I have to run some errands before embarking upon anything else. Sigh .... it looks like a Saturday afternoon thing now. Is that still OK for everyone??

rossb
11-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Tony pick a time...and let me know where you are...

thanks

Bob I
11-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Tony pick a time...and let me know where you are...

thanks

Tony is in Midnapore. Maybe you want a passenger for the long journey?

Delphinus
11-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Actually I'm in Shawnessy, I can see how they may appear to be practically the same neighbourhoods (from your north pole perspective ;) ) but from my perspective Midnapore and Shawnessy are as different as, say, Somerset and Evergreen. :)

My phone number is 254-0976. I can give directions to my place. It's a fairly easy address to find (I think).

At this point .... I'm thinking early afternoon (sometime after 12 or 1). Does that work?

Bob I
11-29-2002, 04:20 PM
I stand corrected. Shawnessy Blvd is an extension of Midlake Bvd, which would put Midnapore on the other side of Mcleod Tr. However, in my Northern view, it might as well be Lethbridge. :D :P :P

If indeed Ross takes me along, I know where you live.

rossb
11-29-2002, 05:47 PM
tony perfect. I will see you at 12:30 ish??

eposer
11-29-2002, 07:03 PM
12:30 - 1:00 works for me. see you then :D

Evan.

Tau2301
11-29-2002, 08:33 PM
Tony, I would like to have a little of both. What time & date is good for you?