PDA

View Full Version : Good refractometer?

andsoitgoes
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
The price is FAIRLY close to CDN, but without all the taxes and such, or calibration fluid, with shipping it's only about 55 CDN, compared to 72 buying at J&L...

Anyone know if this is comparable? Any experience?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=220032015560&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Midknight
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
calibration fluid? You just use distilled water for that.
You can borrow mine if it is for some quick testing. :wink:

andsoitgoes
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Oh right, duh.

And nah - My digital one is giving me headaches, I think I'd feel more comfortable with one that has no digital parts :)

Ticketyboo
03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I just bought one a few days ago from Wendell at OA. Used for $40.... great unit and damn acurate!!!! OA also sells them for $55 CAD i do believe..... I work just 5 mins from OA..... damn it!!!! I hate that cause im always there on a lunch break and so is my wallet!!!!

andsoitgoes
03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
LOL - blasted, that means you bought the last one, and I was just there on the weekend, I could have beat you to it! Blasted!!! ;)

Ah well, new ones are 55, it was showing 65 on the site but just confirmed with the store they're only 55, so it's only a bit more and then I don't have to deal with customs or anything.. Just PEEVED my digital meter isn't working, that was just SOOO easy.

Ah well, such is life I guess. Hey - you want to pick me up one and then head by one day to grab the Dottyback?? ;)

Ticketyboo
03-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Sure no probs..... or hey if you want a used one, i will sell you mine for $54.99 and i wont even charge you tax.... what a great damn deal huh????

How much are you asking for the dotty?

andsoitgoes
03-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Sure no probs..... or hey if you want a used one, i will sell you mine for $54.99 and i wont even charge you tax.... what a great damn deal huh????

How much are you asking for the dotty?

LOL - hey, wait a minute!! :P

Dottyback - 15 bucks, so we'll make it 38 spot on and we've got a DEAL!! ;)

Ticketyboo
03-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Do you have a picture of the dottyback? what colour? size?

For delivery i charge $.50c per km so for sure we have a deal, the clock starts when i leave OA's door and once i arrive at yours....... so thats OA to surrey via 99 north, intersect hwy 1 East once i get past the lionsgate bridge, then down to surrey... deal!!!

andsoitgoes
03-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Do you have a picture of the dottyback? what colour? size?

For delivery i charge $.50c per km so for sure we have a deal, the clock starts when i leave OA's door and once i arrive at yours....... so thats OA to surrey via 99 north, intersect hwy 1 East once i get past the lionsgate bridge, then down to surrey... deal!!!

ah crap! :P

hehe - I don't have a pic, but mine looks very similar to this, but prettier. Deeper orange and blue:

http://www.fishdb.com/db/salt/specimen.php?id=119

He's quite happy probably wiping all the pods out of my sump, so the sooner the better ;)

Edit - here's another pic, guess I got a deal on him, pricier on their site:

http://oceanaquatics.com/store/product/1007/ORA-Neon-Dottyback-/