PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 5800 Pump

wetcoast
03-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Was planning on using this on a 225 gal which has been placed on permanent hold. Similar to a Hammerhead but much more powerful.

Specifications:
Input: 1-1/2"
Output: 1-1/2"
0' Head: 5800GPH
5' Head: 5200GPH
23' Maximum Head

$350
Available in Surrey or Abbotsford.

littlesilvermax
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Very nice pump. Bump for good stuff.

It has saltwater seal, correct?

FWIW it is exactly the same power as a Hammerhead. Which is powerful, I own one! It is not more powerful though.:cry:

wetcoast
04-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Still available, and yes, has the saltwater seals. Otherwise are the same. I bought this used from someone on the forum and it has not been used since I bought it due to waiting to setup a tank.

wetcoast
04-16-2007, 06:47 AM
bump - pm me offers!

wetcoast
04-29-2007, 06:50 AM
$325 for this mammoth!

SuperFudge
04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
It is a better pump than the hammer head....same flow, but better seals, shaft and impellar housing than the reeflo series.

Bump for a good deal..:)

littlesilvermax
04-30-2007, 04:14 AM
It is a better pump than the hammer head....same flow, but better seals, shaft and impellar housing than the reeflo series.

Bump for a good deal..:)

I think the pump is awesome, but Sequence has changed a few things on their reeflo pumps.

Saltwater seals on the reeflos are actually better then their other series.

Shaft is identical, impeller housing is now the same, after too many people cracked the other ones.

SuperFudge
04-30-2007, 04:56 AM
I think the pump is awesome, but Sequence has changed a few things on their reeflo pumps.

Saltwater seals on the reeflos are actually better then their other series.

Shaft is identical, impeller housing is now the same, after too many people cracked the other ones.

They might have made some changes, but they arent the same.
If we are talking about the darts and snappers, they may have changed the housing to some type of pvc composite, but it is more a change than an improvement so far... The seals remain the same or no improvement there either.

If they made the 1000 series the same as the reeflo, some people need a good spankin for charging almost 150.00 more for just a name change.

Anyways, im not knocking them, i think they are are the best bang for your buck pumps available today...i have used many types of them and run 3 on my system now..i love em...but they are not the same pump.

Anyways, another big ol bump for Dave.

littlesilvermax
04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I guess another bump for dave, because this pump is top notch. Wish I needed it!

I own a Hammerhead and a friend has the 1000 series.

I feel this is the wrong thread for this purpose, but I also feel I cannot allow what I know to be slightly off info to continue.

Sequence makes two types of SW seals.

The better ones are in the reeflos, they cost more and last longer, supposedly. I own both BTW.

Sequence makes different versions of the reefflo pumps, and that is where the price differential may make more sense.

The Hammerhead I had originally came with the slightly more brital transulcent blue volute, then they sent me the black composite that is the same (except color) of the 1000 series.

Even the motor housing can be different depending which version you have.

All said and done the 1000 series always has all the good stuff, except has the slightly inferior SW seals. They still last a long time, and no matter what will need to be changed at some time anyways, at which point one can pay the extra $20 and get the better SW seals (I think they are the carbon ones, if memory serves me correct).

If you get the Reefflo pumps then you may have to confirm exactly which motor housing you are getting, and which volute you are getting.

All my info comes from the 10 or so pumps I have personally delt with and from MDM. Of course in the last year things may have changed a bit, but I was one of the first ones to own a Reeflo and MDM sent me many changes to my pump as things evolved.

They might have made some changes, but they arent the same.
If we are talking about the darts and snappers, they may have changed the housing to some type of pvc composite, but it is more a change than an improvement so far... The seals remain the same or no improvement there either.

If they made the 1000 series the same as the reeflo, some people need a good spankin for charging almost 150.00 more for just a name change.

Anyways, im not knocking them, i think they are are the best bang for your buck pumps available today...i have used many types of them and run 3 on my system now..i love em...but they are not the same pump.

Anyways, another big ol bump for Dave.

wetcoast
05-10-2007, 05:30 AM
$300! Help me get rid of this so I can get my new tank up and going!

wetcoast
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Still have this sitting here ready for someone to use.

wetcoast
05-29-2007, 04:53 AM
One more bump for a big bad pump! You'll even get some heavy Sch80 unions with it and we all know how much those cost..

$300 - Trades!?

wetcoast
06-14-2007, 02:18 AM
ugh - still available. anyone?

wetcoast
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Just wiped one layer of dust off it today - Offers?

aussiefishy
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
PM sent

wetcoast
08-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Forgot about this - still available!