PDA

View Full Version : And into the powerhead we go:(

findingnemo1
03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
And yes they were covered Somehow it is stuck all the way around the plastic mesh that is around the power head. It is a seio that pushes 2600 gallons per hour.

We did some rock rearranging on the weekend and my beautiful purple lta got mad and uprooted himself aster a 10 months in the same spot. So i put him back and he looked like he attached so last night went to bed. We'll sure enough there is my husband waking me up saying your anemone is in the power head. It is now off and he is slowly backing out of it. The famale clown looks like she got hurt in the mix. No lacerations or anything but her tail seems to want to stay bent over? Not sure what is up with that. Now do i start doing water changes now? As i am trying to make new water as there was a water change done last night after the rocks being moved around. The nem is not dead. YET" Just don't know where to start as for the life of me i can not remeber what everybody has said in these posts. Maybe cause it is to early and i am really a little stressed that i really loved that nem....

Thanks

Quagmire
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Water change would be a good idea,a damaged anem can release alot of mucus which can be very harmfull to the rest of your corals.Has it backed out enough to see how badly its damaged? I would have to think most of the tenticles are lost,but if the oral disc and foot are OK it should repair itself if it was in good health to begin with,barring an infection.No matter how much or little damage is done,when you can,get it into an area with decent flow,enough to wash around the damaged areas to keep it clean from debris.

findingnemo1
03-26-2007, 03:52 PM
We'll it is half out. And the tentacles look mostly there. They look like they were chopped in half but still there. They are even inflated..:)
Clowns are guarding it royally but so far so good. Foot is good and what i can see of the oral disk looks fine. I will wait until he is out and then find somewhere with some flow and see how it does. I am crossing fingers as this thing is normally 12 inches and very purple. So hopefully all will go we'll.

Oh yes i did a 15 gallon water change as we'll. Everyone else looks fine and all the corals look okay. I have a feeling it wasn't in there that long as all the tetacles look still there.

andsoitgoes
03-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I feel your pain, and I've only had my anemones get sucked into low GPH powerheads!

I'm glad it's doing better, and hopefully it won't happen again - but it seems once these guys get a taste of powerheads, they find their way back to them on a regular basis ;)

findingnemo1
03-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh you are so not ALLOWED to say that:)

That would be my luck. It has never moved untill i had the desire to re aquascape. My punishment i suppose.10 months in that tank and nothing. Poor guy. Oh we'll i will just cross my fingers. It is almost out now so i will get him put somwehere safe and where there is some flow to keep it cleaned and hopefully no infection will kick in.

Thanks again everyone

Quagmire
03-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Sounds like good news :biggrin: If it ever splits put me in line for a clone Ive been looking for a nice purple LTA for a while now.

findingnemo1
03-26-2007, 05:49 PM
We'll this may just do it. He is out..And this is what he used to look like:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/hansonfam_2006/Angel013-1.jpg

And this is what he looks like now:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/hansonfam_2006/Angel045.jpg

I grabbed some rock out of my daughter exceptionally green:) Nano to kinda make a prop for him to get comfy with and he is attached underneath. No damage to the foot or oral disk. Mouth is a bit open but nothing major. And there are no noodle looking stuff coming out. Thinking we got lucky this time. Now i just need to find a better idea to cover the seios so this doesn't happen again. I have the crafters plastic stuff around it now but i don't know what to use now.

albert_dao
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Doesn't look so bad to me, considering the context :D

findingnemo1
03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah i am pretty happy that he is not all chewed up. Actually this was one of yours Albert. He has gotten pretty big since we got him though:) And now he is all scrunched up. He will be fine i hope.