PDA

View Full Version : FS: Purple gorgonian frags $20

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-24-2007, 08:16 PM
The purple gorgonians have been doing very well so I've decided to frag one for reefers who feed their corals (I target feed mine several times weekly with reefroids, spirulina powder, and coralfrenzy)

$20 a frag.

Only a very limited number available.

Anthony

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/SeaHorse_Fanatic/CIMG0297.jpg

Hightower
03-24-2007, 08:26 PM
If they do well with VHO lighting, I'll take one. I can even put it high in the tank if necessary.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-24-2007, 09:33 PM
These are non-photosynthetic corals. They NEED to be fed regularly to survive in a reef tank. Mine have even grown a bit since I first got them a couple of months ago.

They do not need to be near light, just where there is good flow & easily accessible for regular feedings.

I have maybe 3 branches I can frag for reefers who are willing to feed these gorgeous corals regularly.

Anthony

Black Phantom
03-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Very nice, I wished I lived out there. Would be nice for my tank.

Ticketyboo
03-25-2007, 01:59 AM
ummm.... are the david friendly?....er.. meaning..... beginning / intermediate friendly? i have a corner to spot feed my sun coral and its a non current zone ..... so will this work?

By the way, im about to post my LED pics.....

Raf
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
how large are the frags?

andresont
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
These are non-photosynthetic corals. They NEED to be fed regularly to survive in a reef tank. Mine have even grown a bit since I first got them a couple of months ago.

They do not need to be near light, just where there is good flow & easily accessible for regular feedings.

I have maybe 3 branches I can frag for reefers who are willing to feed these gorgeous corals regularly.

Anthony

I second Anthony's opinion about care for this coral.
I got mine at J&L at the same time when Anthony got his (at KingEdPet?) and i can say if you get it in the spot where you can target feed away from light you should be ok, Mine did not like the lights I have 96Wx2 PC)
It does not like DT's plancton, but this can be different wit other corals i guess.I posted a pic some time ago if someone wants to see how it looks like. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30926

I feed it al coral food mixed together: ReefRoids, Oyster Eggs, Coral Freanzy and PhytoFeast all this in small amounts soaked in tank water for few minutes. Mine had a very small section on the top of one branch that had no flesh on it and now its covered with new growth.
One more thing i learned about gorgonians that they dont like jet flow from power heads that are too close by, Tunze stream pumps are good for slow but massive flow patterns. Also when fragging it helps to remove the flesh leaving the core from the portion to be glued to the rock , this will help with healing.
JM2CentsWorth.

v67gsr
03-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Still Avilable?

I locate in Burnaby as well.

untamed
03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Your offer is a few weeks early for me...or I would be jumping all over that. My vision for my large tank is to feed plankton etc heavily to support sponges and gorgonians exactly like yours there.