PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!!!!!!

demon666
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
my newly aquired blond naso doesnt seem to be doing well at all... he has been in the tank for over 24 hrs now..... when he was added he was swimming around his new tank checking things out but to day i have only seen him out once.. he didnt even come out for feeding time... now he is on his side under a rock at the back of the tank where i cant reach him there is no way he is stuck under the rock as there is lots of room under it. he was added with a powder brown tang and a six line wrass which are both doing fine.... his tank maters are yellow tang powder brown tang sixline wrass, 5 clown fish 3 yellow tail blue damsels and a velvet damsel... tank params are good what can i do to coaks out this fish?????

Justusfish
03-22-2007, 10:43 PM
This fish does a bit of hiding when it is scared and I think you'll have to wait this one out. An algae sheet is something these fish love so if you put that into the tank of a clip, it might tempt him/her out of hiding. Remember this fella is probably undergoing a bit of shock with a tank change

findingnemo1
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Justusfish beat me to it:)

Hmmmm that is not a good thing although it has only been 24 hours. Can you see him at all. Is he breathing heavy or just staying out of sight? Try soaking all the food in garlic and see if that will bring him out. And hang some nori or green seaweed. You can always soak that as we'll. If that doesn't work i don't know what to tell you. I got lucky with mine as all he does is eat. From the second i put him in the tank he ate everything. Hopefully the garlic will work and he is not sick in any way.It may take him awhile to aclimitize to the tank. Patience with this one may pay off.

Keep us posted

Craig

demon666
03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
he is just sitting in one corner now and i thought he had died didnt look like he was breathing... but i just looked at him and his side fins are moveing but i dont know if he will make it threw the night????? too bad i hope he makes it

Ruth
03-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Also make sure that you have lots of water movement in your tank with turbulance on the top to encourage oxygen saturation. If you don't already have a good skimmer hooked up you might want to consider that.
You have a lot of fish in your tank so unless it is well oxygenated (sp) you are going to have problems. My blonde Naso was the only large fish that managed to survive when I lost circulation overnight due to a tripped breaker but he was not looking good the next morning - blotchy and breathing extremely laboured.
I hope you are planning a tank upgrade soon if you plan on keeping all those tangs.:smile:

Black Phantom
03-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Sounds like he's stressed. I had a Hippo Tang do the same thing for over a week. But I think he was coming out at night to graze. Cut your lighting back in that corner if you can.
Mine went nuts for Mysis shrimp soaked in garlic. Hope he works out:neutral:

demon666
03-23-2007, 06:33 AM
lots of flow and a good skimmer im not sure what he is doing he is just sitting under a ledge of a rock getting coverd in dterius but he is still breathing not looking good

GrimReefer
03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
lots of flow but getting covered in detritus??? something is wrong in that statement.

demon666
03-23-2007, 07:16 AM
ya under a rock at the back of the tank how much fkow do you get at the very bottom, in the back corner of ur tank?????????????

Salmon King
03-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Turn your lighs out for as long as you can.It can take a week or two for a fish to eat.Make sure your other fish are/nt pounding him.Make sure you leave him alone.The stress of trying to move him could kill him.

demon666
03-23-2007, 07:34 AM
do u think vho would b too much light and might stress it out more or would it b fine?

demon666
03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
so grim how much flow do you have????????????

Salmon King
03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I would just cut down for a couple days.The fish are less stressed with the light out.Make sure nobodys piking on him.Could be the powder brown.

demon666
03-23-2007, 04:56 PM
it is too late he died last night..... the powder brown never went near him... so sad what a nice fish:cry:

Phanman
03-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I love those fish *cries*

KrazyKuch
03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Sorry to hear man, I know how your feeling I lost mine the same way!!

How big was he...I know when i got my 9" naso their was nothing I could do for him, he just couldn't adapt to such a small tank (230G)

michika
03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm so sorry.

Salmon King
03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your fish.You should always make sure he/s eating when buying.Most pet stores will hold a fish for awhile.You should try a quaratine tank for new fish.This protects your other fish and gives your new fish a better chance.

demon666
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
he was held for over a week at the store and was eating i know the owner of the store quite weell and he wouldnt have let it go other wise..... catherine it was the blond that you were interested in....

justinl
03-24-2007, 09:00 PM
that sucks. sorry for the loss. You think you'll get store credit?

michika
03-24-2007, 09:01 PM
One of them, and the powder brown you got!

Kevin bought a blond naso yesterday and this morning it was dead. Fine last night at 8:30pm, and not so fine this morning at 10am. Aclimated for quite some time, seemed fine before lights out. Swam around, no conflicts with other tankmates either. Very strange I have to say.

demon666
03-24-2007, 09:06 PM
yup was that the one from the same place??? the powder brown is fine nothing wrong with it of the six line..... i wonder if he got a bad batch in?

michika
03-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Anything is possible. I am just really disapointed because the fish as a lot of money.

KrazyKuch
03-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah same place.....Bottom tank with the three yellow tangs!

Tangman
03-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Too bad, I hate to here about fish losses
I feel your pain

demon666
03-26-2007, 01:11 AM
yup kevin i know which one you meen..... and yes i did get a credit for the fish..... really too bad cause it was a lot of money for these 2 fish that have just died.......:cry: