PDA

View Full Version : excessive bubbles in Ca reactor

fishface
03-22-2007, 03:56 PM
can anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong here. seems like i just keep getting way too many bubbles built up in the top of the reactor. i have to open the effluent valve all the way to vent it so effluent can flow again. seems like it happens every morning. drip rate is about 50 dpm and bubble count is about 50 bpm.

greatly appreciate any ideas to help me out here...

mr_alberta
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
can anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong here. seems like i just keep getting way too many bubbles built up in the top of the reactor. i have to open the effluent valve all the way to vent it so effluent can flow again. seems like it happens every morning. drip rate is about 50 dpm and bubble count is about 50 bpm.

greatly appreciate any ideas to help me out here...

Perhaps you can mod your reactor to add a co2 recirc line. That should help clear out some bubbles.

Gools
03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
What type of reactor? I have a schuran, and it does that, but doesn't effect it's performance.

What is your reactors effluent ph?
you may also have an air leak somewhere, not a common thing but worth a check

fishface
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
it's a marinetech, and apparently if you have a bubble count higher than a sufficient drip-rate then you get gas build-up at the top of the reactor. solution: either increase effluent rate or lower bubble count...

mark
03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Here I am maybe fueling misinformation, but thought CO2 was highly soluble in water, could it be gas impurities?

Is the reactor level, (where is the effluent line, could port be low allowing bubbles to accumulate above it)?

fishface
03-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Here I am maybe fueling misinformation, but thought CO2 was highly soluble in water, could it be gas impurities?

Is the reactor level, (where is the effluent line, could port be low allowing bubbles to accumulate above it)?
reactor is level...can't vouch much for the purity of the CO2 though...

Skimmerking
03-23-2007, 02:20 AM
like Harvey stated add a recir line to help with the bubbles.. are you sucking water from the over flow side where the water from the drain goes into the sumo in that case you will build up lots of bubbles alot with dirty water going into the CAL Reactor.

HTH

fishface
03-23-2007, 07:29 PM
so i did drop the bubble rate and it's dissolving all the gas now :)

vanreefer
03-23-2007, 11:40 PM
it's a marinetech, and apparently if you have a bubble count higher than a sufficient drip-rate then you get gas build-up at the top of the reactor. solution: either increase effluent rate or lower bubble count...

you got it

RonPeter
03-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know where I can find more info on these MarineTech Calcium Reactors? Thanks.

fishface
03-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Does anyone know where I can find more info on these MarineTech Calcium Reactors? Thanks.
not alot of info that i know of...i ended up calling one of the distributors for info but i don't think they have a website at all.