PDA

View Full Version : FS / Trade Established Sea Hare

Ticketyboo
03-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Hi folks, i got this sea hare from my LFS today thinking it would take a while for it to munch through my hair algae....... oh how wrong was i !!!!! its almost devoured it all!!!!

Looking for a new home for it now so that it can help you the way it helped me.

Looking to trade for corals or just plain sale it. It should be ready in a few days to eat the rest of my other tanks algae.

Dragonsteeth
03-21-2007, 04:22 AM
I have the same problem/resource!
I know Ocean Aquatics will do apart x.
If there is anyone in my area (North Vancouver) who wants to start a merry go round with a sea hare then give me a shout. I dont want to kill the poor thing for lack of food.

andresont
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
I have the same problem/resource!
I know Ocean Aquatics will do apart x.
If there is anyone in my area (North Vancouver) who wants to start a merry go round with a sea hare then give me a shout. I dont want to kill the poor thing for lack of food.

How much would you like to get for one in North Van?
Thx.

Ticketyboo
03-21-2007, 05:04 AM
thats where i just bought mine, from ocean aquatics!!! great bunch of people but am looking to get more for mine than just 50% of the price paid.

I dont mind lending mine to others in need if i get it back in healthy condition, or just sell if for $12 as i paid $15 plus tax for it.

christyf5
03-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Whew! That was quick. You must have had one hungry sea hare. :biggrin:

In the meantime you can supplement its diet with nori or algae tablets to keep it from going hungry :biggrin:

Dragonsteeth
03-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey Andresont
Like Ticketyboo i dont mind passing this beautiful creature around to stop people having to buy them and reducing the in-ocean population for no reason. I would just look for a coral frag in return to "buy you into the loop" of hare owners and we can pass back and forth as long its in good condition. If it dies for some reason, then the person in possession replaces it when needed!?
How does that sound.

Ticketyboo
03-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the advice Christy!!!!! wow he certainly has a peronality though and as much as i would love to keep him, theres not enough hair algae for him to thrive on.... and he is one heck of an eater... no one wants him?

calkrog
03-22-2007, 04:24 AM
i'd take him. but im i calgary and i've already killed two even though they have lots to eat. dont ask me how. they eat great for two days. and hide and die.

andresont
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Andresont
Like Ticketyboo i dont mind passing this beautiful creature around to stop people having to buy them and reducing the in-ocean population for no reason. I would just look for a coral frag in return to "buy you into the loop" of hare owners and we can pass back and forth as long its in good condition. If it dies for some reason, then the person in possession replaces it when needed!?
How does that sound.
I just started to fill my reef so not much to trade for now.
I gues i will just filter out phosfates.

targa81
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
I could use him. My last sea hare was great until he climbed into a powerhead one too many times. He wouldn't have died from lack of food though. If possible I'd be interested in buying him or renting .Mike.

Dragonsteeth
03-22-2007, 04:43 PM
email sent to Targa81

Ticketyboo
03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Sea Hare gone... thanks guys!

1bigstud
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey Andresont
How does that sound.

I think that is a great idea. I love sea hares, probably some of the hardest working animals in the reef. The one I had did a great job on my algae problem unfortunatley my power heads did not share my admiration for this dude :(