PDA

View Full Version : My poor fire fish (Updated)

Kabong
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Something must have startled here and when she bolted in to her hole.
a bristle worm must have been in there.

She looks like a dog that tangled with a porcipine.

One side of her face is just covered in bristles and they taper down the side of her body.

If she makes it im pretty sure she'll be blind in that eye.

She's so deperate she's even trying to get the fire shrimp to clean her.

Other then keeping the water good and quality food does anybody have any idea's of anything they may help.

Moogled
03-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Take her out of the water and perform surgery on her with a pair of tweezers, a good work table and a strong light?

I don't know anything about bristleworms but I've read somewhere that people have cut open fish/fish sections and then patched them right up.

Beverly
03-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Oh! How horrible :sad: Wish I could offer a suggestion. Is the shrimp helping to clean the fish? If so, maybe let the shrimp do the work so your fiddling with the fish will not cause it any more stress than it's obviously already in :cry:

Borderjumper
03-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Awwwwww !:cry: I hope she is ok. I wonder how long they will take to work their way out?

Squiddy
03-21-2007, 05:34 AM
You need to come pick up my two shrimps pronto! Thanks sucks though.. :cry:

Kabong
04-05-2007, 12:07 AM
UPDATE
Well it 's been a couple weeks, So i think i can safely say she's gonna make it.
Look's like she's gonna be blind in one eye though, But at least she's gonna be OK.

michika
04-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Poor thing. Still its good to hear that its doing better!

untamed
04-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Over about 2 years, I had that happen to my red-head goby about 6 times. Each time, it was one or two needles right in the eye. They would come and go over time and he never lost an eye.

Beverly
04-05-2007, 02:07 AM
Amazing recovery. Thanks for letting us know she's going to be okay.