PDA

View Full Version : chattery maxi jets

fishface
03-17-2007, 07:56 PM
so i've got 2 MJ600's that are so chattery but not really that old. i've tried swapping impellers around etc to see if i could get them to quiet down a bit but no luck. they are both however freshly cleaned and taken out of retirement from another application so does that mean they may just quiet down after a bit of slime-coat happens? or does anyone else have any idea how to keep them from being so loud?

kwirky
03-18-2007, 12:07 AM
so i've got 2 MJ600's that are so chattery but not really that old. i've tried swapping impellers around etc to see if i could get them to quiet down a bit but no luck. they are both however freshly cleaned and taken out of retirement from another application so does that mean they may just quiet down after a bit of slime-coat happens? or does anyone else have any idea how to keep them from being so loud?

I have a seio that did the same for about the first 2 days it was hooked up, then quieted down.

Pescador
03-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Maybe check if the magnet is still glued to the impeller. I used to have to reglue mine when they got noisy.

fishface
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
well i'm happy to report that said maxi-jet has finally quieted down...gotta like a happy ending :bday:

justinl
03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey darryl, what did you do to quiet em down? Just leave em be to build up th film or mod em?

fishface
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
yah, i just let them clatter around for a few days then i suppose the bio-slime took care of the rest! nice simple fix...