PDA

View Full Version : My Naso died last night

Mike Olson
03-17-2007, 06:22 PM
He seemed to be doing good for the past few months...no more major battles with the Regal Tang. I have been using 2 seaweed clips since theother two tangs were not letting him graze off of theirs...I thought he was finally on the up and up...go figure! Everyone else is doing great. The majesti is all over the tank and only hides for a few minutes when spooked....I dunno, this is my first first fish fatality in a LONG time...except for the suicidal Choats wrasse.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/RIP_Naso.jpg

Justusfish
03-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. The Naso is one of my favourite fish. Don't let it stop you from trying another. You might have gotten one that wasn't assertive enough.

Mine goes crazy when the clips of food come out and nobody stands in his way. In fact, he eats shrimp out of my hands.

I wish fish were more like dogs. They kind of let you know what's bugging them. At least it's easier to figure out.

On the plus side, the pic has that coral in the background and it is AMAZING!

MikeP
03-17-2007, 08:00 PM
That sucks, it's hard to have such a nice fish die. Especially since he seemed to be doing fine. Sorry to hear about it.

BTW nice tank

Tom R
03-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi Mike

Sorry to here of your loss.

Tom R

Mike Olson
03-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Especially since I was over at Jasons house on Wed telling him how good the Naso was doing....I jinxed him! I think I am going to stick with the two tangs for now, especially since the impulse buy of the Majestic! I am also not ready to witness the Powder Blue getting so territorial again...for now anyway.

Mike Olson
03-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Sorry to hear that. The Naso is one of my favourite fish. Don't let it stop you from trying another. You might have gotten one that wasn't assertive enough.

Mine goes crazy when the clips of food come out and nobody stands in his way. In fact, he eats shrimp out of my hands.

I wish fish were more like dogs. They kind of let you know what's bugging them. At least it's easier to figure out.

On the plus side, the pic has that coral in the background and it is AMAZING!

He was one of my favorites too. He was pretty timid to begin with....was bullied by my big regal tang for a good month...maybe he just never recovered from it, even though it seemed that way.

Mike Olson
03-18-2007, 05:48 AM
That sucks, it's hard to have such a nice fish die. Especially since he seemed to be doing fine. Sorry to hear about it.

BTW nice tank

Thanks Mike. Everything else in the tank is doing great...I have a few pics in the Photos thread

Tangman
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I hate to hear about a fish death ! Sorry about the loss, don't give up hope.
p.s. nice pics. in the tanks pic. thread, looks great
We should have tank viewing between the two of us

Mike Olson
03-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I hate to hear about a fish death ! Sorry about the loss, don't give up hope.
p.s. nice pics. in the tanks pic. thread, looks great
We should have tank viewing between the two of us

For Sure! My fishroom is still a mess...but anytime!

Tangman
03-19-2007, 04:56 AM
I'll PM you some time.
Actually you PMed me once with your phone # ,but I misplaced it

michika
03-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Naso.