PDA

View Full Version : Anenome problems

jordsy
03-17-2007, 02:26 AM
I just got a new tank and I really dont know too much about what im doing. The tank came with the live rock, fish and an anenome. Although my anenome tenticles has started to curl and deflate, and is bleaching. The help used to set up the tank says all my levels were good. The anenome is also feeding. Whats going on and how can I fix it?

MikeP
03-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Welcome to Canreef. My anemone's deflate every once in a while. They do look really bad when they're deflated but if yours looks ok when it's inflated and is still eating it should be fine. Keep an eye on it though for any changes. What type of anemone is it? It sounds like you bought a complete set up from someone. Did you use the established water or mix up new stuff? The more info you give the better. Good luck :)

jordsy
03-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Yah i bought the complete setup (90 gal) and made about 45 gal of fresh. Its a long tenticle anenome he said. A brown n green colour. He seems to be upright and extending his tenticles in the dark, but when in light his tenticles curl and he seems to deflate more. He hasnt move so i think hes happy with the light, and he is eating. Although I think he has come more bleached since ive got him

DanG
03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
did you change any of the lighting?

jordsy
03-17-2007, 06:24 PM
no lighting is all the same, When i got the tank i didnt look to closely at him tho. he might have been like this before the move.

MikeP
03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I bet he's just stressed out a bit. Maybe reduce your lighting time and try to make sure nothing in the tank bothers him.

crusty1
10-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Post pics if you can. It will help in identifying your anemone and it's possible condition.