PDA

View Full Version : Finally - New photos of Tank + Sump!

andsoitgoes
03-17-2007, 02:21 AM
So it only took me about 2 months to get my sump up and going, and just as freakin' long to get some new pictures, which I blame on the new 14k bulb not letting me take any pictures that don't make my tank look like... well, a blueberry.

Okay - so here goes, first the main tank:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/npapageorge/Sump%20and%20Overflow/MainTank1.jpg

Left side of sump, overflow going down into the skimmer. Please forgive the ugly baffles, they suck and I know - I used enough silicone to make Pam Anderson jealous ;)

Also - that's my light BEFORE I went and knocked it into the tank. Amen for grounding probes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/npapageorge/Sump%20and%20Overflow/SumpSkimmerandLight.jpg

Here's the "fuge" - I've added a bit more macro and a nice size piece of rock since this picture, also took away a powerhead.

To the far right you'll see the return area, I've got my heater, AC1000 with my UV Sterilizer, and my MJ1200 return to the display. If I was to do it over, I'd try and make my initial baffles after the skimmer smaller, as I burn about 2L of water a day - yowsers. However, that's less than before I had the sump.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/npapageorge/Sump%20and%20Overflow/SumpFugeandReturn.jpg

and there she is! The skimmer is pulling out about 300ML of gunk every 2x a week, it's not SUPER thick, but it's decent and I'm happy after about 2 or 3 weeks.

So there it is!!! It's not amazing, but I love it :) I'm SO glad I had the grounding probe, I don't know what would have happened to the tank without it.... ugh.

Midknight
03-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Looking good Nick, And I and verify it does not look like a blueberry. :wink:
Tank looks great in person as does his little nano.

Delphinus
03-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Nice! :cool:

krisalexander
03-17-2007, 06:12 AM
That is a huge leather there in the front. That thing looks like a tree!!!
Great looking tank.

Kris

andsoitgoes
03-17-2007, 06:38 AM
That is a huge leather there in the front. That thing looks like a tree!!!
Great looking tank.

Kris

lol - thanks, I NEED to frag it, there've been a lot of requests and I've been totally slacking, but now that I have a sump, there is no reason!! :)

So for anyone that PM'd me about one, I figure this coming week will be my time to get my frag on :)

Oscar
03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
What are the dimensions of your tank and sump?

andsoitgoes
03-17-2007, 05:42 PM
What are the dimensions of your tank and sump?

I can do that!

Tank is 24x24x18

Sump is 24x12x16.5

Cube tanks are the bomb! :)

Skimmer Juice
03-18-2007, 12:20 AM
That tank is a good dimension, looks cool. How do you like the skimmer? It is a euro reef correct?

andsoitgoes
03-18-2007, 12:26 AM
The skimmer is pretty darn good, it's a Tunze DOC, old school model (902 or something?) but it's been collecting some good gunk, I'm glad it's not working TOO well, I need some gunk for my fuge ;)

Now if only I could get my flow straight, I'd be happy. Either there's too much flow somewhere, or not enough elsewhere... Maybe I need a few nanostreams ;)

Oh honey... HONEY....