PDA

View Full Version : Man its huge

Skimmerking
11-25-2002, 08:19 PM
:D

Well i have it finally together ,and all i can say is HOLY @%$$.

280 gallons :P I had a couple of friends over to help me put it togther and My buddies wife says to my wife :x Man that a nice 250 gallon. Well you know what happened next :wink: I got a funny look so i played it for what i could, actully it was pretty easy ,my wife tammy says i want quite money. :? I said what are you talking about ... :D :D :D she says you told me it was 180 gallon ,I toopd her no it looks bigger because its on no stand... :wink: Any way she likes it .you should of seen her face when i told her if she gets me mad I 'm going SALT WATER............. :twisted: :twisted: :LOl LOL
any ways now i'm building that stand now.. will keep you informed...

later mike 8)

Canadian Man
11-26-2002, 12:00 AM
:lol: :lol:

rossb
11-26-2002, 12:21 AM
asmodeus...when dealing with your wife ... and tank sizes you have to use the "NEW" math. That is length in feet * width in feet * 5.2 .. :wink: .yea that gets you there. Oh and the other common discussion you have with your wife about tanks...(W) man that is a big tank. (you) oh no every one has one that size... :roll:

Son Of Skyline
12-20-2002, 08:18 AM
Wow...that's a big tank! Especially for freshwater. I kept a 135gal FW tank before and I couldn't keep up with the work of keeping it looking right. Good luck with the big tank :)

Seriak
12-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey,

What are the dimensions of the tank. I always wanted a bigger tank and I will be developing my basement sometime. I have a 180 degree turn in my stairs and I am just wondering how big of a tank can I actually maneuver down those stairs. I would want a glass tank.

Doug
12-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Seriak,
I can answer that as Mike is on a months holidays. His tank is similar to mine only its 30in. wide. Its 6ft. L by 30in. W by 30in. D

They are made from 5/8in. glass, ordered by Jayson,{Saltwaterconnection}, from his supplier. Both his tank and mine, were built in the house. Its rather easy actually. {well Jayson had to help with mine}. :) Both are also downstairs and they are just to heavy and bulky to carry down, when together.