PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad

benjoss
01-14-2002, 05:54 PM
hello, What fish stores in the lower mainland are the ones to go to and the ones to avoid?

Thanks

canadawest
01-14-2002, 06:31 PM
I don't want to be involved with any defamation lawsuits, so I'll avoid the "ones to avoid" section, but here are the ones I've visited on more than one occasion or purchased something from:

J&L Aquatics (Coquitlam) - Good pricing, good selection, healthy livestock. Usually my first choice when looking for dry goods or livestock.

Animal House (Chilliwack) - Good pricing, fair selection, very knowledgeable staff (DaleD)

Big Al's (Burnaby) - OK pricing during sales otherwise expensive, fair selection of fish, very few corals.

King Ed Pets (Burnaby) - Flexible livestock pricing (haggle), fair selection.

Paul's Aquariums (Surrey) - Small selection but good pricing, friendly staff.

Fishworld Pets (Surrey) - Small selection, higher prices.

Petland (Langley) - Fair selection, steer clear of corals there as their coral tanks have flatworms, livestock higher priced than most except during sales.

Troy F
01-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Hi Ben, I shop at J&L's and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Animal House either. I also like Paul's Aquarium in Surrey. I'd hesitate to shop at some of the stores Andrew has mentioned not mentioning any names images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

[ 14 January 2002: Message edited by: Troy F ]