PDA

View Full Version : Hide your tank equipment

Black Phantom
03-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I didn't like the look of my heater and intake for my pump so I whipped up this corner cover. Pretty straight forward
2 pieces of acrylic joined with Weld On
Drilled at the bottom to allow cooler water to enter
Painted with epoxy enamel
Siliconed in place
The heater is right beside the intake which should work well as it will pick up the warm water and run it through the discharge.

This was my freshwater 45 that I'm just setting up for salt.

woodcarver
03-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Pictures not coming up :(
...............Dave

Black Phantom
03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
That happens with some people on this site. Something to do with your browser settings.
It's been viewed over 60 times so I'm assuming others can see it?

Joe Reefer
03-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I cant see them either.

Beermaster
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
i see them

Moogled
03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Me neither.

Black Phantom
03-15-2007, 10:08 PM
That's just wierd. Anyone know why some can and some can't.:neutral:

BC564
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I can see them.....looks good...good idea

Der_Iron_Chef
03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I, too, can see them. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten since breakfast, have had about six cups of coffee, and have been at work for ten hours, BUT!....is this to cover up your sump intake and your sump return?

KrazyKuch
03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I can see them just fine, and I'm using firefox....Looks great makes it look like the tank has an overflow!

Black Phantom
03-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I, too, can see them. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten since breakfast, have had about six cups of coffee, and have been at work for ten hours, BUT!....is this to cover up your sump intake and your sump return?

Actually it's just to cover up the ugly pipes. The tank isn't drilled and I am running a Rena X2 for circulation. I didn't want to have any critters sucked up against the intake as I am taking off the screen. That way I can get maximum flow out of my pump.
I'm in the process of making a foam background for the tank and this idea came to mind.
Just something different I guess:biggrin:

digital-audiophile
03-17-2007, 04:16 PM
What brand of paint did you use on that?

andresont
03-17-2007, 04:26 PM
The picture problem is the Brouser settings, get rid of the cookies and it should work. ( tools/internet options/delete cookies/delete files and after you have done that close your internet brouser window and open new one) this is also good after visiting you bank web sites to cover up your tracks.
As for the hiding staff, good idea !
I hide my probes and heater behind my wavebox. (no sump in my system)

Black Phantom
03-18-2007, 07:52 PM
What brand of paint did you use on that?

The paint is an Epoxy Enamel. Very hard paint after it sets. You can pick it up at most paint stores. Just a generic brand.

kwirky
03-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Does the U tube (intake) for the canister filter reach down towards the bottom to where the holes for the separater are? If so, I think either the holes need to be towards the top to force the water to pass over your heater, or the intake for the canister needs to be at the top, to force the water to pass over the heater.

It seems to me that the heater is heating that compartment without much water flow going over it.

Black Phantom
03-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Yup I already thought of that.
I removed the extention for the intake so now it only sticks down a couple of inches. I mounted the heater right beside it so that when the warm water starts to rise it will be picked up by the intake.
Of course until I fire this puppy up it's still all theory.:biggrin: