PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper 2

spikehs
03-15-2007, 05:21 AM
I basically have my RK2 all hooked up now (finally!) and I must say it is an awsome piece of equipment (for the price)

Lights - have my t5 lights setup to come on at 3pm and to turn off at midnight

Tunze nano streams - have em on all the time (might take them off the rk2 if i need something timed)

Canister filter - have it has my return pump, on all the time.

Top off (Kalk reactor): Have this hooked up to the PH channel (although i haven't hooked up the ph probe since i didn't get any calibration fluid). If the PH is under 8.2 it will be on, this way if my auto topoff gets stuck on it'll help it from overflowing as the ph swing should be quite large.

Its been a great piece of equipment so far... I picked it up for a great price from Quinn @ prairereefsupply

I only wish it had a conductivity probe like more expensive controllers.

Gools
03-15-2007, 12:42 PM
The little Units are sweat. I have had mine for a couple months now, with that time change I just pushed a couple buttons, I remember I use to have to try and reach my old school timers and turn them while trying to see them (cause they are so ugly and bulky I stuck them down behide my tank).

Reefkeeper 2 just makes life so easy. And makes everybody ooh and awe, at it when they come over.

And Quinn at prairiereefsupplies has been more then helpfull in helping me setup, and answer questions.

andsoitgoes
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Sounds very interesting - What was the cost, if I might ask?

Midknight
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
http://www.prairiereefsupplies.ca/index.php?id=117

Not bad... all things concidered.