PDA

View Full Version : Medicated food

rzadun
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I loaned a can of medicated food by Tetra to my buddy. He has misplaced it,. Does anyone know where I could get another. It was medicated food by Tetra in a yellow can. It worked very well. My reef fish have come down with ick and I can not catch them without ripping everything apart.

G1GY
03-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Maybe try adding garlic to their usual food and turn the temp up a couple of degrees. They'll be over the ich in no time. :)

hawk
03-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Awhile back I went to my lfs looking for Tetra medicated food and was told that Tetra no longer makes it. Not sure this is true or not.

findingnemo1
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Seachem makes a product called metrodiazole which is a product that you add into the food. You also add there product called focus which binds the medication to the food. Completly reef safe with everything as i have 2 anemones and lots of corals and inverts and they are all fine. I have used this several times in the reef and in a quarintine and it takes care of any sign off ick in about 2 weeks...

Here is a link to the meds:http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/Metronidazole.html

Craig