PDA

View Full Version : What to get anemone for my perc clown

jwood
03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Any body reccomend anemone that percula clown will mix well with

saltwatermaniac
03-14-2007, 01:20 AM
They seem to like gbta and also the rbta!

fishmaster
03-14-2007, 02:37 AM
I believe they naturally pair with the sebae anmone. They will also go well with carpet & magnificent anemones. All of these require lots of light and flow.

calkrog
03-14-2007, 04:55 AM
they may never mix with an anemone. i had a sebae with my perculas. they didnt even bother looking at it. they liked my powerhead better. figure that one.

andsoitgoes
03-14-2007, 05:50 AM
LOL calkrog, I hear ya.

My original Percula bonded with a carpet, which requires a crapload of tender, tender care. I have some Clarkii clowns that are thrilled with LTAs, and I've seen slews of percs have at it with Anthelia, Colts, Plates, etc., etc., etc.

I came to realize early on that they may or may NOT bond with darn near anything, but then they might. It's a crapshoot, so you better be DARN sure you want to care for an anemone on its own and not have the Clown pair with it, that's the only reason I did it. Love me anemones, even though they limit pretty much everything in my tank and have been headaches since day one, wouldn't have my tank without 'em!!!

calkrog
03-14-2007, 11:26 PM
it may be better to find an anemone that is already hosting clowns and buy them together. i know red coral here in calgary has a couple of them.

BCOrchidGuy
03-16-2007, 03:26 AM
My Saddlebacks took to a Long Tentacle Plate Coral, then to my Xenia, then to the frogspawn and now they've fallen in love with the BTA. I've heard of clowns not taking to anemones but not often.

Doug