PDA

View Full Version : Was this Yellow Watchman Goby yours?

Rippin
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey all,
I purchased a Yellow Watchman Goby from King Ed's over the weekend. They told me it was a trade-in. Did it belong to anyone on this board? Just curious.:mrgreen:

Keana
03-14-2007, 06:11 AM
I traded in a yellow watchman last Friday. Now my system is truly fishless. He was a great companion to my pistol shrimp. Then the pistol died :cry:

Bye, Keana

Rippin
03-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Then it was yours that I purchased. I was told the same story by the folks at King Ed's. Sorry to hear about the pistol shrimp, but why didn't you just hold on to the goby and get another shrimp?

Keana
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't know why I didn't hold on? I guess I didn't like to constant construction by the shrimp... Always kicking up sand. I always want my system to be fishless. I am happier with just inverts and corals. The fish I really like are all to big or are not reef safe. However I did like the yellow watchman, or as a friend called him "the Sand Bite".

Bye, Keana

Rippin
03-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Hey Keana,

What were you feeding the goby? It's still shy and is hiding under a rock during lights on. It does venture out at night, though.

Keana
03-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi, I was feeding him mysis shrimp and he would catch tons of pods... Since he was the only fish and I have tons of pods I would see him eat several a day. He was becoming so good at catching them that I was starting to worry about my sexy shrimp... Anyway he was eating very well as I feed my tank a lot. He didn't seem shy in my tank but he was also the only fish. About 4 weeks before I took him to King Eds he went missing in my tank. I gave him up for dead until I spotted him in the sump about 2 weeks after that. I have no clue how he got into the sump? That made it easier to catch him.

Bye, Keana