Dresden
11-24-2002, 12:14 AM
120g 42L X 22W X 29H (ready in a month)

5" DSB, 1 18g sump, 1 18g refugium

Definate fish I'm adding are..

Niger Trigger (had 2 months)
Lunare Wrasse(maybe sunset had 2 years)

Currently thinking of adding to new tank

Pair Cinnamon Clowns(figure they're agressive enough added 1st)
1 Kole Tang( added 2nd)

My coral experience is none but will start /w maybe a few mushrooms
cause my lighting wont be up to par yet.

Hows that look, suggestions? I dont feel i'm ready for any anenomies yet or beginner coral. Crabs, snails and shrimp are also outta the question.

Dresden
11-24-2002, 12:59 AM
maybe a pair of marroon clowns better due to agressive behaviour? other alternate suggestions?

Josh23
11-24-2002, 01:28 AM
Not sure maybe someone else can help you with this but I dont think that Niger Triggers are reef safe.
Not sure though
Josh

EmilyB
11-24-2002, 02:18 AM
I have a pair of maroons with a couple of triggers....they have no issue with each other at all.

To be honest, after having kept several types of mated clownfish, the maroons I have pale in comparison to full grown wild caught Clarkii. Those guys would chase down the other fish and grab them. :shock:

I have many 1" long nassarius (possibly a variant since they were not ordered in, but were subsequently identified as one of many nass species) that stay hidden (in the rock mostly), and seem to have survived for years.

Dresden
11-24-2002, 02:40 AM
Thanx for the great responses

Not going to be a full reef tank, but i will see what i can add. More of a FOWLR and whenever alse seems to be safe.

Aquattro
11-24-2002, 03:00 AM
Not going to be a full reef tank, but i will see what i can add. More of a FOWLR and whenever alse seems to be safe.

I'd say a Niger is one of the best for this type of setup. I would make sure you have a good skimmer though, 'cause triggers are really messy eaters :D

Dresden
11-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Yes i plan on having a big skimmer.
Looking for all other suggestions and experience on what these two would or might get along /w best?

thanx

Aquattro
11-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Not sure about the wrasse, but when I had a Niger, it would get along with anything too big to eat.

Dez
11-25-2002, 03:24 PM
I've got a softies tank with a Niger and a Lunar wrasse. I have 4 damsels in there with them because a friend gave them to me. It's in with a Kole Tang and a Picasso Trigger actually. No one fighting. No corals gone. I'm not going to put any crabs in though..

Hope this helps..

des

Dresden
11-26-2002, 01:14 AM
wow great to hear, thanx for your info.

ldzielak
11-26-2002, 01:46 AM
Dez, your Picasso must be small, those damsels would/will be tasty treats some day. I have also seen many Nigers in with softies no problem.

Lee

Dez
11-26-2002, 02:26 PM
My Picasso is not that small.....it's about 5-6 inches. The damsels are huge... My friend gave them to me because they were just way too aggressive. I think they're 3rd or 4th hand now...

Des