PDA

View Full Version : Tomato Clown & RBTA

Der_Iron_Chef
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM
So. My RBTA has slowly been going downhill. It went from the top of the rockwork, to a cave, and has now been in the back of the rockwork, away from the light.

I feed it once every three days, and I often find the food somewhere else in the aquarium. I've never been sure why the anemone isn't eating.

When I fed it tonight (twice), I noticed the hosting tomato clown rip the food away from the anemone and let it float away. I imagine this is what's been happening every time.

WT@%#$? Is this unusual? Does anyone have any brilliant ideas?

EmilyB
03-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Clownfish can bother a newly introduced anemone to the point of killing it, ime.

Beverly
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I use a feeding tube to feed our BTAs. We used to have a pair of fighting tomato clowns that were introduced at the same time as the RBTA. They would also steal the food, though, to some extent, the feeding tube could be used to fend off the clowns.

Here's (http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-rbta-feeding-mysis-ja-21-06.wmv) a video of the feeding tube ritual. Hope it gives you some ideas as to feed your RBTA in spite of the tomato clown :)

fredl
03-12-2007, 06:32 PM
i feed my rbta once a week and have the same problem with my clownfish.
what i do is feed the clownfish first and then the rbta and seems to
do the trick.

i've had mine for about 10 months now and it only moved once.
not sure why it will move around in the first place, i don't think its a good sign when it won't stay in one place.

good luck.

Black Phantom
03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
It's hard to say why they move. My anemone stayed in place for over two years and just in the last month has started to wander.