PDA

View Full Version : 300

Moogled
03-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Best movie so far this year or WHAT?

Der_Iron_Chef
03-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Really? I've heard mixed reviews on it, but it looked pretty wicked to me. I'm a bit of a graphic novel geek, though....:smile:

Midknight
03-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The girlfriend and I caught it last night.
Great movie.
Will go again to see the things I missed the first time.

deep6er
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I wonder what its like in IMAX

Moogled
03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Most of the "mixed" reviews I caught are from movie critics. It's always lame, vague, and pretentious comments like "the movie is a literary toxic wasteland" or "the movie is pure eye-candy and nothing more than a CGI-orgy."

See? I can be a movie critic too.

I'd love to catch it again in IMAX. This is a 10/10 movie.

shadowboy
03-12-2007, 01:31 AM
It was pretty sweet, pure eye candy, acting was a bit over the top, and it seemed like they repeated the same lines over and over still one of the best this year, I liked sin city better, but this is a totally different style
tb

andsoitgoes
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Cannot wait - I'm a huge Miller fan and I greatly enjoyed Sin City. Shame that Rodriguez or Tarrintino didn't do this one, but hey - Still going to enjoy it, now just to figure out WHEN!! ;)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Saw this with a couple of friends this weekend. Excellent movie, but it really is a "Guy" movie, with lots of blood, guts, and "glory"!!! Left the wife at home & glad I did because she wouldn't have liked it very much. The effects are great, especially the slow-mo fight scenes.

Sorta like what one critic said, "It's like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, WITHOUT the Hobbits, elves looking soulfully into each other's eyes, the journey through the swamp.....":wink:

We thought it was more a mix of Braveheart & Lord of the Rings (CG fight scenes). Well worth watching on the big screen.

Anthony

Delphinus
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I was thinking it was more like "Battle of Helms Deep" but for the entire movie, maybe with about 5 minutes tacked onto the beginning to give some preamble. "Ok blah blah blah, here are the Spartans, blah blah blah gratuitous boob shot or two, blah blah blah. Ok, now go fight the invading Persian hoardes! 300 people versus several hundred thousand, blah blah blah, zing zang clang clatter boom crash, everybody dies, gratuitous touching scene involving son of king, blah blah blah the end."

Maybe with a few good visuals thrown in for good measure. Blah blah blah elephants, blah blah giant rhino, a few weird looking mutants and some more concubines. Whee!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I just sorta ... it wasn't the "best" movie I've ever seen and well, I guess I can say it's the "best movie I've seen in the theatre this year" because, well, .. it's the only movie I've seen in the theatre this year! :lol:

Chin_Lee
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Geez tony, i guess that summarizes the whole movie. Thanks alot :lol: Now i don't need to pay 12 bucks to see it

fkshiu
03-12-2007, 09:31 PM
"gratuitous touching scene involving son of king, blah blah blah the end."

This can be interpreted in so many ways . . .

Delphinus
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh dear :eek: Ok change that to "Mandatory sad scene involving son of the king." ;)

OCDP
03-12-2007, 09:58 PM
This can be interpreted in so many ways . . .

:rofl:

Midknight
03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Well there might have been one or two boob shots but my girlfriend love the fact that all of the VERY ripped guys were in g-strings most of the time. :wink:

Der_Iron_Chef
03-13-2007, 12:05 AM
...my girlfriend loved the fact that all of the VERY ripped guys were in g-strings most of the time. :wink:

I could just look at myself in the mirror for a few hours instead. Well, except for the whole "VERY ripped" part. Oh, and the g-string part. Ok, so maybe not at all.

Manny
03-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I saw it last night, thought it was pretty cool. I also thought it was a mix of Lord of the Rings and Brave Haert, they even spoke with Scottish accents!! But really, I didn't know that Greeks sounded Scottish

shadowboy
03-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I think when you have the bad guy as an 11 foot drag queen, with plucked eyebrows, chain mail thong and gold paint all over his body, the least of your worries are if the greeks sounded scottish or not.
Lol
did Xerxes freak anyone else out?

OCDP
03-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Seen it tonight... definitely a good flick, but nothing amazing by any means. The only thing interesting about the movie is the battle scenes, I found the rest to be a bore.. almost caught myself dozing off in a few places. But, when the action is on, it's on.... and it doesn't dissapoint. I think that's all the movie has to offer... sweet, bloody, bloody, bloody, action.

I was wondering about the scottish accents as well haha....

Off to dream of spear fights and war.

albert_dao
03-13-2007, 05:29 AM
And chiseled pectorals...