PDA

View Full Version : fishless tank and skimmer

Neil
03-11-2007, 05:02 AM
i have a 96 gal cube with 33 gal sump about half full. I am running a euroreef RS-135 on the system with a 36watt UV and phosban reactor. There is about 130 lbs of live rock full cured and has been in tanks for years now. The tank is and has been fishless for over a month now (treating them in another tank). Just wondering why my skimmer is pulling out a full colection cup per week of putrid crap? Shouldnt it be less than when i was running a moderate load with fish in the system?

andresont
03-11-2007, 08:10 AM
i have a 96 gal cube with 33 gal sump about half full. I am running a euroreef RS-135 on the system with a 36watt UV and phosban reactor. There is about 130 lbs of live rock full cured and has been in tanks for years now. The tank is and has been fishless for over a month now (treating them in another tank). Just wondering why my skimmer is pulling out a full colection cup per week of putrid crap? Shouldnt it be less than when i was running a moderate load with fish in the system?
If rocks were out of the water, it will sycle again. Maybe thats whay you have skimmate.

Chin_Lee
03-11-2007, 08:17 AM
all the organisms in your live rock and sand also produce wastes

KrazyKuch
03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Also now that your fish are gone your skimmer can do a really really good job of cleaning out the water...also do you have corals, because they produse waste aswell!!!