PDA

View Full Version : Sand needed

Canadian Man
11-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Anyone have some sand of anytype that they want to get rid of for very cheep or free or trade??? :)
I am looking for finer grades of sand of some type.

I am using it in my mangrove tank I made last night that will be plumbed into my system and will sit on the main level to use natural light for the mangroves.

Thanks

AJ_77
11-21-2002, 07:16 PM
Jon - when I drained the 10g nano (which came with sand) for the 15g nano (which came with sand), I left the 10g sitting with 2" of tank water covering the sandbed. At the time I wasn't sure if I would need that sand or not.

It is still sitting in my basement under about 1" of water, at room temp. This is the sand I mention in the "tank cycling" thread nearby.

If you think it would be helpful, it can go home with you. Or is that "back home?" :wink:

Alan

Delphinus
11-21-2002, 07:40 PM
When my 50g comes down I will be offering the sand to anyone who wants it. It's not fine grade though, well, it's a finer grade than say, crushed coral, but it's no sugar sand... maybe ~2mm-3mm. So I don't know if you'd be interested for your purposes (the tank is also not ready to come down now anyways..).

Canadian Man
11-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Great!
Thanks guys.
Yes Alan I think the the tank will be going back to it's home.
I dont think this sand will be enough though Tony,
So I think I will take you up on some of the 50's sand bed if possible.
When were you thinking of taking it down?