PDA

View Full Version : Custom Stand/Cabinetry done locally?

LostMind
03-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Anyone here that can recommend a custom stand/cabinet builder for a smallish tank project? I've got the go ahead to put a tank in the new house, but it has to "go" with the furniture and decor... and my DIY skills are definitely not up to par...

Thanks!

Shane

Chaloupa
03-08-2007, 03:08 AM
Hey Shane...I just got a setup from Hidden Reef...they had a guy named Edward (I believe) do the stand and cap, and it is really nice, simple but really really well done. Definately a piece of furniture, not just a "fish tank stand"!! Maybe contact mikeb on the board and get the guys information.

fkshiu
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
There's a dude over on bcaquaria.com by the name of "pistolpete" who builds custom stands. He lives around Lougheed Mall, I believe.

LostMind
03-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys... appreciate it :)

deepRED
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
There's a dude over on bcaquaria.com by the name of "pistolpete" who builds custom stands. He lives around Lougheed Mall, I believe.

I can vouch for pete as well, I've had quite a few things built by him and have been very happy with the craftsmanship. The best part is that he'll work to fit your budget, from nice cabinetry to simple pine stands.

LostMind
03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Can anyone post some pics of his work? Maybe pm me his contact info? I'm not a member at the other board (it's a freshwater board mostly it seemed when I last checked it out)...

Thanks.

StuartC
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Ditto LostMind's posting.
There's a market out here for Mr. Marivotich to tap into.

pastout
03-31-2007, 05:45 AM
just kind of wondering what anyone considered a good tank height to stand height ratio. Im making my stand and just drawing out my plans right now but am having a tough time deciding my stand height what would be a good height for a 150 gallon 48" by 24" deep by 30" tall

IADEM
04-02-2007, 01:18 AM
just kind of wondering what anyone considered a good tank height to stand height ratio. Im making my stand and just drawing out my plans right now but am having a tough time deciding my stand height what would be a good height for a 150 gallon 48" by 24" deep by 30" tall

Hello, we have our own millwork shop in Edmonton, are you doing your stand yourself? maybe we can help you out. If you want just e-mail your stand design and we will give you a free quote, we can match your existing furniture either in wood veneers, melamine or plastic laminates. Consider the final height so you can reach your tank with ease and also that you leave enough room at the top for lights, introducing large ornaments and reaching the bottom of your tank. What is the total height of the room where you are installing this tank? Please let us know if we may be of assistance