PDA

View Full Version : Positioning Frogspawn in tank

Rumika
03-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Good day all,

I just purchased my frogspawn and I am trying to find it's place in the tank where it will do well. The first place I placed it in it was not happy, it started to shrivel up, it was to close to the lights. i then moved it toward the bottom of the tank and i am trying to give it some shade. I just don't think that I really like the place, can't see it as well as I would like.
Is there a way that I can acclimatize it to the lighting in the place that i would like it?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thank you again.

Rumkia

balistidae
03-04-2007, 03:28 PM
mine seems to like being in the middle of the tank with quite strong flow

GrimReefer
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
put it on the very bottom for the first couple weeks and don't touch it. the coral needs time to recover from the stress of transport first. if you have strong lighting, move it up the rockwork in steps, over the course of a month or so.

silver arrowana
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi, I don't think lighting is that much of a problem becauce mine does pretty well under my 250 watt MH without any shade. I think you have to place where it will receive some indrect flow and wait for a day or two for it to adjust to the new enviroment.

Thomas

Der_Iron_Chef
03-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I can only speak from my own experiences. But mine seems to prefer moderate flow, definitely indirect. Lighting...well, I think it can tolerate all kinds of lighting, but as others have said, would probably have to be acclimated slowly to strong lighting.

Give it time to get used to its new environment. Give it some moderate, indirect flow and let it be.

kwirky
03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
mine extends it's polyps the fullest in the lower region of my tank underneath my powerheads. Located about 10" below the power heads, where the flow is indirect. They're a seio 1500 and 1100 in my 120g. Hope that helps if you're looking for a more descriptive suggestion of where to put them. Also whenever they've had to be moved, they don't really extend their polyps for a few days. Like everyone else says, give 'em a bit of time and they'll get used to the tank. If you find a good spot, maybe describe where your's are located so I have more ideas on where mine could possibly do well (when I frag it in the future).