PDA

View Full Version : Keeping multiple angelfish and wrasse's?

hqgc
03-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Hello!
I was wondering if it is possible to keep more than one wrasse in my tank? The wrasse I have now is totally growing on me would like another one if possible.
Also the same question for angelfish. Is is possible to keep two different types in one tank?
Thanks.

krisalexander
03-03-2007, 06:29 AM
you might want to post what wrasse u have? and also what some potential candidates would be? and the same with the angels...Just because compatibility issues differ from fish to fish..

Kris

Raf
03-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes for the angelfish anyways,

One of my client's tanks is stocked with a flame, coral beauty, and a bicolor all ina 90 gallon FOWLR(60lbs LR). They were all added at the same time.

As for wrasses, again yes, but be careful with your selection, try wrasses that are not similar or related.

Perodogo
03-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I don't know about wrasses, but I can tell you that you can mix angels, particularly if your tank is big enough. I have 9 different angels in my 500 gallon tank and while they would prefer to be alone, they don't go out of their way to hunt each other out. I've had some of them together for nearly 4 years now. Adding another angel in your tank should be okay as long as you don't add another juvenile angel that has similar patterns with your emperor (i.e. blueface angel, majestic angel, koran angel, etc.). Your clown trigger could be an issue though although mine is behaving (but then again, he's only 4"). Good luck.

hqgc
03-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Is a christmas wrasse similar to a lunare?

prodogg02
03-04-2007, 02:28 PM
i hav a coral beauty 3 1/2 icnh and a 4 inch bicolor angel in a 45 they get along fine want to add a flame angle but think tank would be to small.as long as your tank is big enough having more than 1 should be ok just my 2 cents though.