PDA

View Full Version : WTB Panther Grouper

Ticketyboo
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know of any stores or people selling a Panther Grouper? im looking for one about 2 or 3 inches to put in my predator tank with my Eels and Lionfish. I know King Ed's have one, but its less than an inch and my lions im sure would make a tasty meal out of it.

Sushiman
03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Where were you a couple of month's back? I had a beauty for sale & had to trade it in.

Ticketyboo
03-03-2007, 03:12 PM
:sad:

Tangman
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I think J&L has one about 3 to 4 inches, very back 180's tanks

Ticketyboo
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I eyed that grouper up a month ago and didnt buy it... damn.., i checked today and its gone.... looks like i will have to get the 1.5 inch one from King Eds and reer it up in my reef tank first before putting it in my predator tank otherwise the lions might go for it..

Thanks all.......

Ticketyboo
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys, i bought the one at King Eds... cute little thing measuring just over an inch and he will stay in the reef tank until hes big enough to join the big boys in the predator tank.

justinl
03-04-2007, 05:52 PM
a bit off topic but since you were at king eds so recently, did you happen to see any mantis shrimp there?

Ticketyboo
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Yup, the had a Mantis Shrimp there for $9.99 in the coral tank to your right as you walk into the marine section. Hes in one of those cubes that houses the hermit crabs, snails etc (obvisouly isolated).... hes transparent coloured and not that big, lucky to be an inch i would say... i was looking for one but then i dont have an acrylic tank and wife would also beat me us as i keep getting more aquariums :sad:

Hope that helps!!

Oh... and he's been there for a good month i would say as i have seen him at the start of last month when i was drooling over stuff.... oh and by the way.... they have a wicked looking Ghost Eel in there..... beautifull looking..... i so wanted to get it...... but again..... the thought of a wife with a frying pan in her hand ready for a head shot soon put the thought of that idea out my head....

justinl
03-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Just so you all know the "mantis" at king eds isn't a mantis at all. I don't know what it is, but it certainly is no mantis. Don't get me wrong, king eds is a great place. Many a lfs know not much at all about mantids

the ghost eel isn't currently eating but it really is a wicked cool one. smallish too. Whoever gets MUST post a new thread.

Ticketyboo
03-05-2007, 03:33 AM
What did they say it was when you questioned them? it didnt look like a mantis but i wasnt sure and dont know much about them. I bought the snowflake Eel and the Yellowhead Eel from king eds about 3 weeks ago... Lovelly creatures... and oh my they have grown...

Im still looking for another panther grouper.... anyone??? 3 inches or so? as i just upgraded my tank to a larger one and the small panther grouper can stay in the reed tank for a while.

There was 2 ghost Eels there and someone bought a larger one when i was in the store drooling at fish.

krisalexander
03-05-2007, 04:03 AM
how much are the eels they are selling???

Kris

Ticketyboo
03-05-2007, 04:18 AM
They are all mainly $29.99.

A few weeks ago he had a Tesselata Eel for $49.99, but i got my 2 for $29.99. They usually are 6-10 inches long but they sure grow lots....

He gets them in quite often and is still awaiting more

Both of mine started eating within 2 days and are on frozen silverside and shrimp.

justinl
03-05-2007, 05:25 AM
well the guy was honest. He told me that the collector had given it to him as a "mantis" so that's what they called it. I clued in that it wasn't a mantis because the claw that it had (maybe it was missing the other one?) was overly relatively large and was opposable like a crabs. Also you almost never find a mantis of that white or that small. It was built more like a shrimp whereas mantids (stomatopods properly) are thicker and more robust.

by the way if you were worried about glass breaking only the large adults of the largest species like a peacock or G. chiragra are even capable of it. as for your skull crackin under the unwavering force of a frying pan wielded by a wife... well i can't help ya there.