PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty

supersmile
03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Just wanting some info based on experience about these fish??? Do they really tend to eat soft corals? What size tank can they go in? Are they compatible with clownfish? How long should your tank be running before you introduce them to your tank?

BMW Rider
03-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Mines never touched the soft corals in my 50 Gallon tank. Compoatability will depend on the clown, but mine seems to hold its own against a much larger and agressive Domino damsel.

supersmile
03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
My clowns are still little guys they have a lot of growing to do. So maybe if I introduced them while they are still small then it would be OK?

cav~firez22
03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I have 2 clowns and several soft corals. And she pics on the corals non stop. The clowns put her in her place as far as dominating. But in my expierence. I will not mix a coral beauty with any corals again....

she pics on my Bubble coral, my Torch, my colt coral and my hammer coral. I think she killed the bubble ...

ponokareefer
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I have had mine 4 years now, and for the most part, it has left my clowns and corals alone. I was told and read that it is very hit and miss, depending on the individual fish. Although they left my corals alone, it picked at a clam, so that it didn't open very much until it died.

Snappy
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I've had my Coral Beauty for 2+ years and it never picked at anything until I put in a blueberry gorgonian a few month ago. Although that said most of the fish in my reef seemed to have a taste for that thing. But yeah, as with many fish it's a hit & miss deal.

fishbait
03-03-2007, 06:49 AM
We just got a coral beauty and some soft corals at the same time... our corals are having issues but the beauty seems to be doing fine... hmmm..??:neutral: We haven't observed the beauty doing anything to the corals however. Can anyone tell me if coral beauty's are nocturnal at all? I wonder if he's pecking away at night...

On the clown note, our coral beauty gets along with everything in the tank, including two clowns. It's a happy little fish.. likes the rocks though. It has actually teamed up with our six line wrasse and they hang out together.