PDA

View Full Version : up to 14 bangggai's!

spikehs
11-18-2002, 11:37 PM
had 8 in my little breeders pen last night, woke up and saw 3 more in my main tank (the banggai's are in the pen in a seprate 10 gallon) much to my surpise! i managed to catch all 3 they were hiding out in the gsp's that jon gave me. I put in the fake urchin and 2 swam right into it. then i found one more in the 10gal (i guess the male let go of one last night) and just as i was about to go to uni i spoted 2 more in my main tank. I have only been able to catch the one though - hopefully the other one in the main tank isn't dead yet. plus the male STILL has some in his mouth -hopefully we'll hit the 20mark. Well i had to share with someone, and no one in my house is too excited!

Bob I
11-19-2002, 12:48 AM
That sounds real good. Can I be first on the list for a couple? 8)

spikehs
11-19-2002, 01:04 AM
sure....hoping i can grow em to a decent size.

AJ_77
11-19-2002, 04:35 AM
Once again, good luck with those!!

:D

spikehs
11-19-2002, 04:53 AM
well i think this time i have a bit more of an organized setup so it SHOULD go better....ie their own tank, 2 brine shrmip hatcherys etc.

andestang
11-20-2002, 03:24 PM
glad to hear of your new little family :D Still doing ok ? I'm hopefully going to try some clowns in the future. Trying to get enough info/knowledge on the subject. Dreaming ? :roll: :lol:

spikehs
11-20-2002, 03:38 PM
the little banggais are doing great so far i think i have topped out at 16. If you are looking into breeding clowns the Clownfish by Joyce Wilkerson (i think thats her name) is really a must. It details everything you need to know on breeding them, set ups, food production, etc etc. I haven't seend it myself but everyone says its a must have if you are going to breed the clowns.

Delphinus
11-20-2002, 03:40 PM
Wow, 16 babies, cool little brood there Sean! Sounds like quite the setup going too. Good luck and naturally, please keep us posted 8)