PDA

View Full Version : Coral Frenzy from Gold's - Your Thoughts?

kwirky
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
This is a question for anyone else who managed to snag a sample of coral frenzy from gold's. What do you think of it so far? I've fed it three times.

1/2 tsp in my 120g tank. No response from the corals yet but the fish go absolutely BONKERS for it. They can't even see it and they just swim all over scouring the water column for the little things. I mix it with tank water in a cup then dump it where my powerheads are. I don't bother turning off the skimmer because it acts up whenever I turn it off/on.

I'm trying to debate whether it's worth it to purchase a normal bottle. Dunno if the sample will be enough to notice a difference and it's a new product so the only information I've found is straight off the manufacturer's website. If it's something that needs about a month's use before a noticable difference, I'd rather hear some thoughts from other people rather than just the company saying it's "good stuff."

Moogled
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Is there something else that you regularly feed your corals? I find that when I gauge a company's new product, I compare it to what I've used before in terms of improvement.

The Elos coral plankton food that I bought from Albert is a very good product and fish/shrimps go nuts over it too, but I've never used Coral Frenzy before.

calkrog
02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
my moon coral seems to love the stuff, as do my fish. havent noticed any other response to it in my tank.

BMW Rider
03-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I tried my sample a couple days ago, the only coral that I noticed reacting differently was my open brain. It was puffed up and had its feeder tentacles extended a bit which it typically only does at night. I still have some left and will try it again until I use it up. I just got the Polyp Labs Reef Fresh system to start up, so I'll stick to that I think for now.

Snappy
03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Ed,
I also am using the "Reef Fresh" but also use "reefroids". I feed "reefroids" in smaller doses than recommended so I do it more often. I have lately been mixing "RR" and "coral frenzy" together and it seems to be a good mix. I use the little spoon I got in a package of "chemi-clean". I give a couple of heaping spoonfulls of each every couple of days.

kwirky
03-01-2007, 05:05 AM
I've previously been using Kent ZooMax but never really noticed a difference. I was using it sporadically, and my corals never really respond to it. I direct feed my favia and echinophyllia mysis already. Everything else though hasn't responded to either the zoomax (after at least a month on and off usage. at least once a week), or the coral frenzy after about it's 3rd feeding so far.

I'm going to see how it is after I've used up the rest of the sample.

BMW Rider
03-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Ed,
I also am using the "Reef Fresh" but also use "reefroids". I feed "reefroids" in smaller doses than recommended so I do it more often. I have lately been mixing "RR" and "coral frenzy" together and it seems to be a good mix. I use the little spoon I got in a package of "chemi-clean". I give a couple of heaping spoonfulls of each every couple of days.

I'm going to start off with just the Reef-resh for now and see how that works. Which dosing regime are you using? I'd like to use the optimal method, but with vacations and such interupting, I'm not sure how that'll go. I like the fact that the Coral Frenzie is a dry food and does not spoil as readily as most coral foods. I may give it a go later on.

albert_dao
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Reefresh isn't a food, it's a probiotic method. When you're running probiotic (low nutrient) it is paramount that you're using some kind of coral food, or else you compromise their health.