PDA

View Full Version : Miracle mud

jslaney
02-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Does anyone use the product called Miracle Mud by EcoSystem?

I am just planning out my first saltwater tank and am not keen on having to dose and keep track of too many elements. I have seen the importance of trace elements in planted tanks though, and am looking for an alternative.

Here is its J&L link

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/ecosystem.php?product_ID=ec-mmud05

Thanks.

Canreef is Greeeaaat by the way. Its been an invaluable help for this Newbie.

albert_dao
02-26-2007, 12:52 AM
You can get a fantastic tank without using it. There isn't really a lot of elements that you need to keep track of. Calcium, Magnesium, kH, that's about it. Even with MM, you'll have to keep tabs on those three parameters.

jslaney
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Sorry,

I am just reading all these chemistry postings about keeping track of all the trace elements and so got a little worried. So Generally in Calgary you dont have to worry about those as long as your using a good salt brand and doing water changes?

Thanks again for the reply.

ponokareefer
02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I was considering using miracle mud when I switched to my 125 gallon, but after talking with some people and an LFS that had tried using it for a few years, I reconsidered. The problem isn't the quality of the system that you get, but the expense of the initial set up, and then the cost to replace the mud as required(I believe a portion of it every 6 months). If cost isn't an issue, I understand this is a very good way to go.

Ryan

jslaney
02-27-2007, 03:40 AM
I think I will take Alberts advice and stick to the traditional rout.

Thanks for the help.