PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Question

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Was looking around on ebay and saw this Jebo Protein Skimmer 520 with Pump. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these skimmers. Also if anyone has heard anything about them any input would be welcome. I was planning on spending like 200-350 on a skimmer and this ones only like 80.00 on ebay just wondering if its worth it. Goin on a 90 with a 33 sump

Thanks Bruce Anderson

findingnemo1
02-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Don't waste your money. That was the first skimmer i ever bought and it made a really great hole in my wall:twised:
I never ever got it to skim. Tried different pumps and different cup heights etc:
I have heard of people that have had good luck but i would just keep your eye on here and try and get a good one for a good price. I figure we are using it to keep the water clean so it is not the best thing to cheap out on.

Craig

Was looking around on ebay and saw this Jebo Protein Skimmer 520 with Pump. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these skimmers. Also if anyone has heard anything about them any input would be welcome. I was planning on spending like 200-350 on a skimmer and this ones only like 80.00 on ebay just wondering if its worth it. Goin on a 90 with a 33 sump

Thanks Bruce Anderson

Bruzer
02-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Yeah i bought a seaclone 100 for my 55 gallon im constanly adjusting it to keep it skimming good, Definitly dont wanna be dealing with that on the new tank

AndyL
02-23-2007, 04:49 AM
I've got one of the jebo 180s - marginally better than the css65...

There's some really long threads on RC for modding these into good skimmers... Some of the results are pretty impressive.