PDA

View Full Version : Remora Pro Help

krisalexander
02-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I have recently added a Remora C to my tank, and over the last couple of days I have realized that the water coming out is dripping where before it was a stream of water..I checked the intake of the pump and there is nothing blocking the water the pump is working fine...I adjusted the collection cup to see if that would make a difference to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Kris

Neil
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
water was just dripping out of the skimmer output? that is not right. if the pump is sucking in the water- it has to exit the skimmer somewhere, i would say if output flow is restricted check the pump, if its new- take it back and get a new one. My first remora pro was a leaker, took it back for a new one and it worked perfectly. Again, check the pump, take it out and try it in teh sink withouth teh skimmer. I know this may not be of any help to you but something sounds fishy.

fkshiu
02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Unless the body of the Remora is leaking, there's definitely something wrong with the pump or the injector.

The water pumped into the skimmer has to go somewhere, either the pump is not pumping very much water into the skimmer, or there's a restriction with the injector.

How much water is the injector spraying into the skimmer vs. the amount the pump moves when it is disconnected to the skimmer?

niloc16
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
what pump came with skimmer kris?

ryanfish
02-21-2007, 07:43 PM
This happen to me, I found that the foam insert to protect stuff to get sucked in pump was full of gunk. When I took it off, the skimmer started to work nicely again.

krisalexander
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I am currently at school but when i get home i will check about the foam, I know it is not leaking...I am using a Maxi-Jet 1200 as the pump, I bought it used and the pump that was on it the wires were frayed so i couldnt use it so i just hooked up an extra Maxi-Jet I had. It had worked for a while then now it is not a constant stream. Which would lead me to think that the water pressure isnt sufficient enough.

Kris

Raf
02-22-2007, 05:48 AM
well, the pro needs a stronger pump than a MJ 1200, so that is most likely your problem.

Ken
02-22-2007, 05:54 AM
The Remora Pro needs a Mag 3 to drive it. The basic Remora uses the Maxi jet 1200. Regard Ken