PDA

View Full Version : loss of green pigments in certain corals in the tank

kwirky
02-21-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm trying to figure out why my favia frags lost their green pigments, and my euphyllia has lost a lot of it's green too. My red echinophylia is fine, and the green/red zoos are doing great for colour too.

The favia's growing, but the echinophyllia isn't, really. I did have a calcium imballance (low calcium) for about a month. ran the system at 320ppm waiting for calcium chloride to come in from littlesilvermax. Maybe I should give it more time, now that my calcium's back to normal?

Oh, I have a t5 teklight 8 bulb system. it's 50% aquablue and 50% aquablue+. no pure actinics.

my bulbs are due to be changed this march, and I'm thinking of switching to 50% actinic, 25% aquablue, and 25% aquablue+. saw the colour combination at Gold's and liked the look of their BTA's.

littlesilvermax
02-21-2007, 04:20 AM
320 is fairly low, If all is healthy and showing good polyp extension I would imagine color would come back if that was the problem.

Sorry about any wait.:sad:

kwirky
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Sorry about any wait.:sad:

hey no worries, I was the one who let it get out of hand in the first place :) I'm just glad I was able to get it at that price.

yeah I'll just give it some time and see what happens.

KrazyKuch
02-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Some times corals will do that...it has something to do with the water, but the color will come back or it may change color entirely, their is nothing you can really do about it....it's the same reason why Anenome's do it!!