PDA

View Full Version : Help with what Anemone I should use

Kalifornia
02-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Hey all

I would love some advice on what anemone I should get for my pair of black clowns.

Thanks

andresont
02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Bubble tipi easy to care for and clowns will go in to it.

Ruth
02-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey all

I would love some advice on what anemone I should get for my pair of black clowns.

Thanks

Need to know a little about your system. Clown fish will host in a variety of things from powerheads to soft corals and are easy to care for. Anemones on the other hand are a bit trickier. Even an easier to care for Bubble Tip anemone is still not considered "easy" to keep. You still need good water quality, water flow and proper lighting. Bubble tip anemones can and do live under lighting other than MH but IMO to really thrive most anemones require MH lighting.

Kalifornia
02-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Sorry about that Ruth I ment to post that originally
65 gallon tank with oceans motions 4 way for flow and 2 PFO 250 watt HQI pendants.
I have SPS dominated tank.
Thanks

Ruth
02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.nhm.ku.edu/inverts/ebooks/intro.html

Here is a link from the resource library of which anemones are the natural hosts for various clown fish that might help.:biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-18-2007, 04:47 PM
You have sufficient light for most anemones, but be aware that if it is unhappy, an anemeon will wander around your tank stinging everything. That could have a very negative affect on your SPS.