PDA

View Full Version : Tony: Desjaradan(Sp?) Tang @ Big Als

TANGOMAN
11-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey Tony, I stopped in at Big Als today,(Wed.), and they've got two tangs that looked pretty decent. They may be Sailfin Tangs though, not sure. Thought I'd let ya' know as you mentioned you were ordering one ?

Bob I
11-14-2002, 12:05 AM
I was there too, and liked the price on the Coral Beauty. Would hve bought it at $27.95, but for the fact the tank is not ready for a Pygmy Angel, and its tail was rotting off. Two or three Salfins at Pisces also, but just look like sailfins. No spots on the face. :shock:

Delphinus
11-14-2002, 05:20 AM
I think those ones are still the veliferum tangs. (They had a bunch of those last weekend.) Don't get me wrong, still very nice fish! I have been agonizing over not letting myself buy one, since I definitely can't do both!!! (Already have a yellow tang, and my plan is to keep them in separate tanks...)

Thanks for the tip though, I'll try to sneak over there sometime and sneak a peek and be sure.

TANGOMAN
11-14-2002, 03:32 PM
Ya', that was a good price for the Coral Beauty. Horrid condition though !
I was and still am considering a bargain price offer with thoughts to "rehabilitate".
Wasn't sure Tony if thats what you were after but it's nice with the "Calgary bunch" watching for each others interests because if anyone is like me you just hate goin' to fish stores to look around... :roll:
Hey Bob, I too am lookin for a Royal Gramma so if ya' see good stock, reasonably priced, let me know. Also, two Yellow Tangs,(small), are on my
list. Ya', there goin' in separate tanks. :wink:

Bob I
11-14-2002, 07:55 PM
I have not seen a Grama anywhere for a while, but still looking. As to small Yellow Tangs, Pisces has a whole raft of them, and I mean small. If I was not so adamant about no tangs in a three foot tank I would have picked one up at $34.95. I am also opposed to trying to rehabilitate a sick fish (even if inexpensive) I have never dealt with tail rot before. :( :( :(