PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead Deaths

Moogled
02-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Guys, powerhead deaths seem to be a problem for some reefers. My experience with SEIO powerheads has not been a positive one. For the most part, these pieces of equipment move a decent amount of power, but it's always instant death for fish that get caught in its death grip.

My fish are healthy, so I rule out "strong fish should be able to escape from powerheads".

What are some of your experiences solutions nonwithstanding?

BCOrchidGuy
02-17-2007, 04:55 AM
I've got a 620 in a 15 gallon with two occelarus and they do fine. I've got a large pile of rubble in the tank so a lot of the flow is blocked but the intake is still there.
My experience with the ONE I've tried so far is that if I turn it off for any reason I have to take it apart again to make it work, this sucks big time.

Doug

Johnny Reefer
02-17-2007, 06:09 AM
I've ordered two of these http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/images/product_database/6080.200.jpg
for my Tunze 6100's, but they are taking FOREVER to arrive. It's been 11+ weeks. Not sure if they'd fit on Seio's. Maybe food for thought if you're DIY inclined.

Cheers,

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Have used Seio1500s since they first came out. The only fish that I've found on them are generally ones I suspect were dead or dying already. I have lots of little fish in there, including clowns & shrimp gobies, but I don't think Seios are really bad fish killers. Anemone killers & seahare killers yes. In fact, my cleaner shrimp love to crawl all over the Seios.

Anthony