PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Eliminator/Pre-Skimmer for Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer

saltaddict
02-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Bubble Eliminator/Pre-Skimmer for Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer

Has anyone used this? I just cleaned my Remora and its spitting bubbles like a mofo. Kinda expensive I think. any suggestions

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/skimmers.php?product_ID=ps-acremza

justinl
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
aren't bubble eliminators just boxes with slits that fit onto the return? that't a pretty simple device for 40$. The pre skimmer is the exact same device but on the intake. I mean really, that's a pretty simple device for 40$. I vote DIY.

Okguy
02-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Save your money. Remora's will act strange after they are cleaned. They need a layer of scum on them to work properly. It will probably straighten out in a day or two. While you're waiting you can put a piece of foam in the exit to cut down on the bubbles (remember to rinse it out every day or two). If you like the idea of a surface skimmer, just hook-up a fluval surface skimmer to your setup...

Buddyboy
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi addict,

I have the pre-skimmer box on my Aqua C Remora and I couldn't live without it! It can be quite fiddly at times, to get the proper box height, etc, but it works quite well when you get it. It's a pretty simple design, so if you are handy you could probably make one yourself. I would just order one and be done with it. :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Oh yeah, another big plus with the box is there is a media chamber for a bag of carbon, rowa, etc!